Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Guild of PAT Testers in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just checked the site, I'm on there as well with a message saying I'm not a member. I can feel a strongly worded email coming on......:mad:

I'm not a member of the niceic, napit, elecsa or anyone else for that matter but they haven't taken the liberty of plastering that all over their website.

They're a bunch of rogues!!!!!

I just looked on "the guild" website they've got us listed.
The listing states "Not Currently Guild of PAT Testers Member"
but has a link to Request a quote in with "our listing".

So you would presume you'd get a quote from us...

I just clicked on the link on the "our listing" put in a random hotmail account I've got and asked for a quote....

Just got a quote from a company in Ipswich... As far as I can see they've not contacted us... (Although I don't have access to every email address)

BUNCH OF ROGUES!!!

Will be telling the governor tomorrow, he'll flip and call his lawyer.......AGAIN!!!

The entire website is misleading.

I've asked to be removed and the guy has removed me.

I'm a little angry to be honest. Everyone could do with a little more work but to make a website saying 1 company's better than the other because they've given me £15 is a very bad thing to do isn't it?

misleading, dishonest dishonourable....trying to think of words to describe it without swearing... lying..... anyone else?

They're a bunch of rogues!!!!!

I just looked on "the guild" website they've got us listed.
The listing states "Not Currently Guild of PAT Testers Member"
but has a link to Request a quote in with "our listing".

So you would presume you'd get a quote from us...

I just clicked on the link on the "our listing" put in a random hotmail account I've got and asked for a quote....

Just got a quote from a company in Ipswich... As far as I can see they've not contacted us... (Although I don't have access to every email address)

BUNCH OF ROGUES!!!

Will be telling the governor tomorrow, he'll flip and call his lawyer.......AGAIN!!!

UPDATE:

I've now received three quotes from various companies, after clicking the request quote link our our unofficial listing.

I also checked and we have had NO communications from "the guild".
So as I suspected you click on the link expecting a quote from one company and end up getting quotes from "guild members" / paid up suckers!!

well i cant imagine he will be getting much customers after all the feedback from this site!!! :)

do a google search for guild of pat testers and you get the forum post before you find him!! :)

He hasn't got me listed, not even as a "Not Currently Guild of PAT Testers Member". Not sure whether to be miffed he missed me out, or relieved that he hasn't 'outed' me as not being a member of his (ahem) "Guild".

We got a reply from one company, when I asked why they replied when I click "our unofficial" link they claimed they've taken us over!!
Someone will be getting a solicitors letter!!!

Last edited:
sweet....!!! hope the guild of pat tester is reading this!! im all up for a day in court...!!

All sorted had to email Messers... Wazzit.... Thingie & Ripoff with the evidence.

A certain fabrications (not even Pat testing or electrical!) company will be receiving a letter tomorrow, no idea of the content but it'll be fairly blunt if I know our firms solicitors

All the boss really said was "I cause trouble"!!!!! Fine..... told him I'll go.... he said I could take the gloria with me!!! (This was all a bit tongue in cheek)......Well I thought I was....... but it'll probably be me that get's a solicitors letter with a P45 attached!!!

Last edited:
The Guild of PAT Testers has gone very quiet all of a sudden, has he crawled back into his hole?

I was thinking, seeing as there are so many people on here with the same feelings, perhaps we should consider setting up some kind of group/guild to help each other, and of course, our clients?

After all a guild is a group

have read through this post and been amazed by someone supposedly setting a group that would help cut out cowboys and bring some credance to PAT testing, only to find the guild site now not working and the linked plugcheck site offering to undercut any competitors quote - well thats showing solidarity.

Hi Chaps

I really can not beleive it as you guys have just saved me £15. Drinks all round I think.

The strange thing is that I was talking to this guy a while a go and I thought he was a straight up guy but after reading this I am gob smacked to say the least.

I have noticed that his website is not working right now but it was yesterday.

Any news or updates on this please

Thanks

Gerry

It's amazing how much outcry this thread has caused, but what I think is brilliant is that how many people have the same opinion as me, which is not the same opinion as a person that has created the 'guild of pat testers' which just goes to show what a joke it was in the first place. Do you know that he advertisers that he will guarentee to beat any quote, which is funny when you consider that's one thing he preached against on the guild!

Its interesting to read these posts as I too appeared on their site as a not currently a member. However I was wondering if there was an Association that was dedicated to PAT testing and the need to educate clients and Companies how many of you would be prepared to join and if there was what would you want from that type of association?

I too have been a little annoyed with some companies and individuals who think it is a quick way of making money without doing the job properly. Even a few months ago I was asked if I could sell someone a certificate, he didn't want the equipment tested just the certificate I told him it would be £10K he said I was joking I said so are you for asking.
look forward to your comments

I should also point out that the cost of designing (should you use such a strong term) such a website is less than £100 or so, £0 if you had the skills yourself and a few hours spare. And hosting it is unlikely to exceed £30 a year. So £15 a year per member is a tad strong!
And it's a meaningless website that I doubt anyone would be too bothered about being struck off of...

You all obviously feel very threatened by this Pearson to have such a huge vendetta against them, I spoke out in their defense my first post and surprise, surprise it was removed reason advertizing all I did was state who I was and who I worked for, so the nit pickers could not say I had anything to do with the site owner

Guild definition
An association of persons of the same trade or pursuits, formed to protect mutual interests and maintain standards (Please note there is no mention of fees either way)
seems to me like the person is just trying to make a livening .even if it is just a glorified directory £15.00 a year is very cheap advertizing, (Me am just a simple pc techie who knows nowt just 25 years + and 9 years in R E M E.
Microsoft certified system builder, Microsoft certified professional) all my credentials can be proven ,trying banding together to better you all rather than better the few. as for the web site being very cheap yes you can get cheap 3
or 5 page basic web sites but a proper website with a good sql database will cost hundreds, and the hosting the same you can get cheap hosting for carrots but proper hosting costs about £35.00 a month

NO AXE TO GRIND EITHER WAY original post posted under taz2137 was removed by moderator i wonder why i was also banned , please read quickly before this gets removed .ps member of lots of forums never been baned before,this must be a very sore piont

Reply to Guild of PAT Testers in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net