Discuss happy new year........... and my first problem (seperate internal sounder) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

biggles

Hi all, ive got a problem trying to find a sounder than can be operated from a smoke alarm. eg if the smoke goes off i want the sounder which is situated in a different part of the building to go off. none of the above connected to a panel just normal smoke cicuit. cant use another smoke detector (long story) any ideas and can this be done i assume the sounder just comes of the normal connection eg with a 3 core cable. sorry if not making sense.

got two houses joined by a corridor. both front doors open in to this corridor with only 1 exit. building control want a heat detector in this corridor with sounders in each house should the smoke enter the corridor and set alarm of the sounders in both houses go off. There is also a smoke circuit in each house seperate from this. Which is why i cant use smoke detectors as the alarms because if one house alarm goes of then so would the other house if that makes sense. so i was going to wire a smoke alarm on its own circuit into the corridor then to the two sounders. Does that sound ok pun intended.

Sorry. not actually done this before so is it right to assume you just wire the sounder as if it was another smoke on the circuit eg with a 3 core cable

Can't you wire it that the detector in the corridor operates a relay that has seperate contacts for each system and will sound both systems but will not set off each other system when they are actvated?

all good advice. sorry jase couldnt get link to work but know what youre thinking of. Think ill go for the wireless options just looked at those radio link detectors. would i be able to supply these of lighting circuits as its only a back up for the corridor and each house already has its own smoke circuit. eg corridor smoke fed from corridor light, house smokes from nearest light fitting there. Thanks in advance.

OK customer had received an architect drawing which was ok`d by building control. from heat detector in one of the houses send cable down corridor in to the other house connected to sounder and vice versa. Job done. Am i right to say wtf. i hadnt seen these drawings before and already wired it as previously posted.

Reply to happy new year........... and my first problem (seperate internal sounder) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net