Discuss Having trouble typing in threads??? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ok just installed fire fox and will try the test again;

I am typing as fast as I physically can

I'd say that's sorted it! Also worth mentioning is that I'm no longer having the red spellcheck underline under each word during typing before completing a word. Perhaps that was causing the lag during typing? It would literally tell me I had spelt a word wrong during typing of the word!

I think internet explorer is the issue here then, I will continue to use firefox from now on,

thanks Marvo

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds very much like an IE issue and I'm not sure there will be much we could do to improve things from our side. There have been several compatibility problems that were pretty widespread with IE in the not so distant past and they seem to get ironed out over time with subsequent IE updates.

Can anyone who's having a problem with a lag when typing in the textbox please give details about;
1. Persistence and frequency of the problem ie how often it happens and how long each incidence lasts.
2. The device you're using ie PC, laptop, mobile device etc
3. Operating system.
4. Browser.

If we can get as much info as possible it will increase the chances of being able to duplicate the problem and getting to the bottom of it.

Thanks.
Earlier today, when trying to respond to a post, I got a message telling me that I had insufficient privileges to do so.
I'm using a PC with a fast processor Chrome as my browser, and a pretty good internet service.

Earlier today, when trying to respond to a post, I got a message telling me that I had insufficient privileges to do so.
I'm using a PC with a fast processor Chrome as my browser, and a pretty good internet service.
Can you remember what the tread was called or what it was about?

It's possible it was a thread that was posted in the general forums and got relocated to somewhere you don't have permissions whilst you were still typing your reply, like the DIY forum for example.

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty typing in the thread comment boxes?

I don't mean typing skills in general just the lagging and the site not being able to keep up with each keystroke?

Actually it's happening in this box also, example;

I am an electricianand I ddn't win the euromillions st nigt so I have to go to wor Monday...

That was my typing at my normal pace, and now I'm slowly or repeatedly pressing each key...

I don't experience this issue on any other site/application

Mods??

Yes, all the time have to type slow letters are missing, plus can not insert smileys.

+1 on this, I can be typing on tapatalk using Swype and the Orange line seriously slows down and words input about a second slower than usual, it only happens on tapatalk by I just thought it was swype

im using perfect kwyboard, it doesnt happen on any other forum i use tapatalk witg
I'll email Dan to check out the problems with the mobile devices.

Yes, all the time have to type slow letters are missing, plus can not insert smileys.
Hi Dave. Please give details about;
1. Persistence and frequency of the problem ie how often it happens and how long each incidence lasts.
2. The device you're using ie PC, laptop, mobile device etc
3. Operating system.
4. Browser.
5. When you first noticed the problem happening.

Thanks.

Marvo, hi yes all the time, since the outage, laptop windows7, internet explorer, on my friends pc at the mo, and to be honest seems all okay. Thanks anyway.:stooge_curly: can even post smileys, must be my machine.

I don't mean typing skills in general just the lagging and the site not being able to keep up with each keystroke?

I am an electricianand I ddn't win the euromillions st nigt so I have to go to wor Monday...

That was my typing at my normal pace, and now I'm slowly or repeatedly pressing each key...

Mods??

Hi mate have you got a pc or laptop with win8 or 8.1 by any chance

As this happens to me with this laptop sometimes It was purchased with Win7 on last year and a cheap upgrade to win 8 ever since I have mouse and keyboard problems but not always. When it doe sit I either restart it or just change lappys to one of my old win vista laptops lol

As this happens to me with this laptop sometimes It was purchased with Win7 on last year and a cheap upgrade to win 8 ever since I have mouse and keyboard problems but not always. When it doe sit I either restart it or just change lappys to one of my old win vista laptops lol
its never a good idea to update a lappy, they dont like it and spit there dummy regually.

a bit like some of the older but less mature members here

Hi, yes using a laptop which initially had windows 8 but "upgraded" to 8.1, using firefox now instead of internet explorer and it seems to have resolved any issues so far, wish I had vista or xp can not stand windows 8 it's ridiculously terrible

Mods??

"Hello peterdanials",

I had / have exactly the same problem which I posted a thread about some time ago here:

LINK:
http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...4926-i-cannot-use-google-chrome-internet.html

There are various mesages on there including I think responses from Marvo about this:

I don`t know if the cause is the same in your case - but it turned out to be that `Internet Explorer is not compatible with the Forum` - words to that effect - I remember this from a response from Dan the Forum Owner in another thread just after the Date of my one - but I cannot find that other thread.

From memory this `Internet Explorer Incompatibility` just happened one Day after I had been accessing and writing on the Forum using Internet Explorer 9 for about 2 YEARS !

Stranger still is the fact that You and I am guessing many other Members have been using Internet Explorer since that time without a problem ?

Even now / Today after reading your message I tried to reply using Internet Explorer - I now have IE 11 - I could not even type "Hello peterdanials" without the words missing about half of the letters.

For some strange reason Google Chrome does not work on my Computer so I had to download Opera which I only use to access and write replies to this Forum.

I hope that this will be helpful in explaining the difficulties that You are suddenly experiencing with typing into the Message / Reply Box - perhaps Marvo could check where Dan posted His response to the problem that I and other Members were having at about 27/11/2013.

Regards,

Chris

Last edited:
There was an Internet Explorer update/ bug fix early this year or late last year that caused widespread chaos with VBulletin forums across the board. I think it was remedied with later updates. If I remember rightly it was something to do with the enter/return key not leaving a spare line in the text box and we had lots of long posts around the forum that had no paragraphs.

This lagging whilst typing issue seems to be a new one and it also seems to only be IE again. I'm using Opera and it's never done it with me and Peter Daniels says it was problems with IE for him which went away when he started using Firefox. Again I'd hazard a guess from the evidence that it's yet another flawed IE update.

There also seems to be some issue with Tapatalk but I don't know if this is a different problem or not.

There was an Internet Explorer update/ bug fix early this year or late last year that caused widespread chaos with VBulletin forums across the board. I think it was remedied with later updates. If I remember rightly it was something to do with the enter/return key not leaving a spare line in the text box and we had lots of long posts around the forum that had no paragraphs.

This lagging whilst typing issue seems to be a new one and it also seems to only be IE again. I'm using Opera and it's never done it with me and Peter Daniels says it was problems with IE for him which went away when he started using Firefox. Again I'd hazard a guess from the evidence that it's yet another flawed IE update.

There also seems to be some issue with Tapatalk but I don't know if this is a different problem or not.

"Hello Marvo",

I had a problem last Year with Internet Explorer 9 where I could not type on the Forum at all - trying to type not only showed a `Lag` between my Key hits and what was appearing on screen but also more than 50% of the letters were missing on almost every word.

I also had problems using Google Chrome to access and type on here - but that also completely malfunctioned and I had to remove it from my Computer - when I then re-installed it it still did not work - not even the Home page - I had to Uninstall it again.

Since the IE 9 problems [November 2013 ?] I have had to use Opera to be able to participate on the Forum - although I would still be able to view the Forum using IE 11 - but NOT to post any messages.

Today after reading peterdaniels message I tried typing on here using Internet Explorer 11 there was no `Lag` but again more than 50% of the letters were missing when I typed the first few words - it would be impossible to use it to access the Forum and type messages on here.

Regards,

Chris

I have sim probs, the first few word come out ok , but when I continue to type the words start coming out as igf ihave forgotten to type them as shown. this happens on almost every post I put in. so I have to repost the whole damn lot again. this time it's not so mbad but its still not right. and yes I have replaced the batts in my remote keypad. this time its almost 100% ok, so I'm guessing you have fixed the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Having trouble typing in threads??? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net