Discuss Hawkesworth appliance testing? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

One good thing to note though........... If thats some of the stuff Hawkesworth blurbs about PAT testing to win customers, I.E.. electronic form filling, results online etc, then we all know what to do next with our customers and method or posting PAT results don't we, lol..

Can't deny its a successful company. Just unsafe, and unscrupulous.

Liberator UNG

The reason I've posted on this forum was that the whole PAT testing service was new thing for me.
I used to live in EU country most of my life and I've never heard about PAT testing service before...
I've must admit that this was a small shock for me - test all cables, EVERY YEAR !... Why ???

Anyway I've decided to go with hawktest, cos they had the best prices.
There was also something about legal responsibility if one of the staff will get electric shock, Hawktest will cover that with their insurance (correct me if I'm wrong)

I was also thinkig to replace all power cables and power sockest to EU type - so they don't have to be tested next year :)

If thats some of the stuff Hawkesworth blurbs about PAT testing to win customers, I.E.. electronic form filling, results online etc, then we all know what to do next with our customers and method or posting PAT results don't we, lol..
Cmon... It's 21st century, most of the companies do have that kind of service as a standard (UPS, Royal Mail, DHL)
1 x HP/Dell Server, VMware software, Apache web server + any type of database and you are up and running. Mobile internet cos almost nothing right now...

So what you're saying is that you've read all the information here, but decided that you just want a certificate and want to pay the powest price for it? Am I in the right ballpark?

Yea good luck with that.

i was in HBOS yesterday n noticed Conourght "visual"stickers everywhere even on 2kw convectors ffs I could send the wife in to do visual checks

hi,
does any 1 know what kind of tester's hawktest use cause not sure how it's sent through a pen? and also what is your genuine opinion of hawktest as my son is thinking of joining the?

please let me know asap

many thanks

Anyway I've decided to go with hawktest, cos they had the best prices.
There was also something about legal responsibility if one of the staff will get electric shock, Hawktest will cover that with their insurance (correct me if I'm wrong)

The fact that a PAT test is an appliance MOT then I don't see what warranty or insurance cover could be offered, I have heard of a number of people being stopped shortly after an MOT (as short a time as 10mins) and being prosecuted for vehicle faults the MOT tester has no liability and the vehicle driver is the one left to carry the can, I would think a similar situation exists with PAT tests

I was also thinkig to replace all power cables and power sockest to EU type - so they don't have to be tested next year :)

Not sure how this circumvents the PAT requirements please enlighten us

Hawksworth appliance testing???

my son is apply to join them i was just wondering if you can give me info on them?
whats the wages like.... do you do much working away...... what testers do they use.... any info on them would be most helpfull as i dont want him working for a mickey mouse company

regards

Re: Hawksworth appliance testing???

My only experience with them was to ask for info on why they failed an appliance, and they declined to give me that info. Others though have had more dealings with them - see this thread

Threads merged.

Reply to Hawkesworth appliance testing? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net