Discuss Heatrae Sadia Amptec boilers in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

UNG

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Wondering if any one has installed any of these boilers or any of the similar ones that are available as a customer is thinking of using some for some flats and shop units and asked me to look at the pros and cons

My question is are they as good as the claims made in the brochures or are the running costs to high make them cost effective and deter tenants

My other concern is the high loadings these units have, the installation instructions tell you to leave an air space at least one module wide either side of the boiler MCB in the consumer unit suggesting that they are expecting excessive heat build up that needs dissipating and that cannot be good for the other circuits within the consumer unit IMO

Any comments or advice would be appreciated

Installed them once. Nice and easy to put in but the electricity costs will be pretty horrific unless the building has excellent insulation installed and you'll need to be on the right tariff. I would personally avoid like the plague if it was my house.

Reply to Heatrae Sadia Amptec boilers in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi. We are looking at installing a Wiser smart heating system inc. trvs We are currently electric only, with normal rads and a Heatrae sadia...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m looking for some advice regarding a recently broken MVHR unit in my flat, model Heatrae Sadia Advance. The unit is out of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, There's 2 single fan ovens in the house my mother recently moved into. Posh elecronic AEG units. It's been sat empty for a year, so the...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a Heatrae Sadia Electromax 9kW electric boiler that does hot water and central heating. Recently it broke and someone from Baxi...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock