Discuss Hello from a new member in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome.

Can I ask how you qualified? Was it a full apprenticeship or quick course?
There are many questions from trainee members regarding which is the best way…. But most, if not all of us old fogies went the traditional 4 year apprenticeship route.

Welcome.

Can I ask how you qualified? Was it a full apprenticeship or quick course?
There are many questions from trainee members regarding which is the best way…. But most, if not all of us old fogies went the traditional 4 year apprenticeship route.
I followed the 4 step process with TradeSkills4U taking about 2 years from start to finish. I now work a day or two a week with an experienced sparkie in addition to my own work. My IT experience plus a good spread of DIY work plus recently gaining my full amateur radio licence certainly helped me along. It's not realistic to expect a 50 year old to do a full apprenticeship, prior knowledge can be very relevant!

Im near 50 myself... nearly!

Although I did the full 4 years when i was 16, i went to uni aged 24 and got an engineering degree.... and now, 20 years later, what i learned during that time is creeping into my electrical work... Smart automation in homes, electric vehicles, that sort of thing....

but now for the important question

Cheesecake or pavlova?

Although I did the full 4 years when i was 16, i went to uni aged 24 and got an engineering degree.... and now, 20 years later, what i learned during that time is creeping into my electrical work... Smart automation in homes, electric vehicles, that sort of thing....

Cheesecake or pavlova?

Black Forest gateaux!

Cheesecake or pavlova?
Cheesecake, especially the ones made
From packets in the 1980s ;-)

I followed the 4 step process with TradeSkills4U taking about 2 years from start to finish. I now work a day or two a week with an experienced sparkie in addition to my own work. My IT experience plus a good spread of DIY work plus recently gaining my full amateur radio licence certainly helped me along. It's not realistic to expect a 50 year old to do a full apprenticeship, prior knowledge can be very relevant!
Amateur radio has certainly changed since I did mine in the 80s, when most repeaters were pretty much busy 24/7.

Cheesecake, especially the ones made
From packets in the 1980s ;-)
No, no, no, NO!!!!!!
Pavlova every time. If you can't get a Pavlova then at least a meringue nest filled with clotted cream. You can actually feel your arteries clogging as you eat it.

BTW, welcome to insanity, sorry, the forum.

Welcome, hopefully folks here can help you with any questions and maybe you can help others out from time to time.

Cheesecake or pavlova?

BOTH!

Welcome, hopefully folks here can help you with any questions and maybe you can help others out from time to time.

Cheesecake or pavlova?

BOTH!
Must be a Scottish thing…. Why have one pudding when three will do?

IMG_4655.jpeg

Must be a Scottish thing…. Why have one pudding when three will do?

View attachment 110370
Call yourself a real Scott?
some of that is not Pudding, IT IS FRUIT!!!!!

p.s. before anybody raises the race flag, I was born just north of Glasgow and mum told me that I must eat some fruit occasionally as it was good for me.
Obviously if it is good for you, then it can't be pudding?
And don't Get me started on battered mars bars, I think that is taking things a little too far even for me.

on computer so cant do smiley faces, please insert face for don't take me too seriously!

Oh, its fruit, is it? I thought it was just a bit of decoration....

There are other photos with 4 or 5 of those tasty little things... but i didn't want to hijack this welcome thread with holiday snaps.

Reply to Hello from a new member in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net