Discuss Help with underfloor heating controls (commercial) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
i was finishing off a new install of a pharmacy yesterday, when the guy asked me to wire the heating controls up as the underfloor heating has just been finished the day previous.

Although i have no real experience in this area i had instructions so said of course... (typical as a free extra i have problems)

So.. we have a pump at the manifold, programmable thermostat PRT Voltfree switching, and an motorised valve (actuator) (Danfloss HPA2)

i have attached wiring diagram for each.

I have wired it up, in the junction box, L- N-E, L-N feed to programmer with live feed to A1, with orange of valve then A2 (programmer)-Grey of valve, and Brown of valve to Brown of pump.

It now all turns on when i turn the thermostat to higher temperature and valve opens pump on etc, but when i lower temperature it doesnt switch off, only when i kill it at the spur.

As the boilers are in the main boiler house and the flow return comes from there is a switch required out to the boiler? or does it detect the flow and heat up automatically? These boilers also supply the rest of the building (doctors practise)

Any help much appreciated.

View attachment heating controls.pdf

Programmer heating feed to room stat.....room stat switched live to valve motor.
Permanant live to valve orange......grey from valve to boiler trigger.
Most boilers need a permanant live and the pump is wired to the boiler and controlled by the boiler. If not the grey will switch both boiler and pump.

Excellent advice guys thanks.

The programmer is the stat also so i can eliminate the stat from the equation.

So bottom line is i need to get a feed to trigger the boiler in the boiler room :s

Reply to Help with underfloor heating controls (commercial) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net