Discuss Hi everyone, not quite a newbie. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

thermiclance

Morning - or afternoon or even evening what ever time you may be reading this.
Ok so I'm after some advice please.
So I'm 43 and looking to change my career back to an electrician. I was thinking of doing this a few years back.
My history ( makes me sound really old now)
At 16 (1989)I done a 4 year apprenticeship scheme with the met police ( at the time they had there own in house building maintenance staff sparkies, plumbers, chippies you name it we had it and it was very too heavy with loads of management) I digress.
During the apprenticeship I was enrolled at Southgate tech college and over 3 years done the city and guilds 236 parts 1 & 2.
I completed my apprenticeship and got my signed deeds etc. I stayed with the firm for about another 10 years the decided to become a police officer.
Now after 17 years and with family commitments the job is becoming far to pink and fluffy for my liking.
So about 18 months ago I went through this same thought process and enrolled myself on a couple of electrical courses.

Welcome to the forums :)

Nice to hear a police officer who thinks it's all a bit too pink and fluffy. I wouldn't have put it quite like that, but I do think you guys and gals get a raw deal and feel for you all with how often you hear about people getting off or getting sentences that are way too lenient, I'd find it very demoralising. But thank you for doing your best to keep the rest of us safe :)

Welcome back you've been missed - hope all works out.
Pink and fluffy - that's funny AND a shame that it's come to that!

Reply to Hi everyone, not quite a newbie. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net