Discuss Hmm... My electricians got cancer half way through the job in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

V33

Hi folks...

This ones a bit of a messy one.. my electrician has been coming as and when to do the wiring on my property. Stage by stage. He just found out he has cancer and has operation in late september. Poor guy! :(

I'm speaking as a home-owner who has employed an electrician. The fact is, he has been paid for the work done so far but I was hoping to be moved in by mid september at the latest. He won't be in no fit state even in october to return to finish off and test (even if he has the all clear) so i seriously need to consider my options!

The work is mostly complete with all the wiring and fuseboard in all that remains is smoke/ heat alarms, a few sockets (in the kitchen) and spurs with the final testing/certification to do once all that is done...

What are my options? Building controls will want to sign off the work but will need electricians certification etc. :26:

Hi folks...

This ones a bit of a messy one.. my electrician has been coming as and when to do the wiring on my property. Stage by stage. He just found out he has cancer and has operation in late september. Poor guy! :(

I'm speaking as a home-owner who has employed an electrician. The fact is, he has been paid for the work done so far but I was hoping to be moved in by mid september at the latest. He won't be in no fit state even in october to return to finish off and test (even if he has the all clear) so i seriously need to consider my options!

The work is mostly complete with all the wiring and fuseboard in all that remains is smoke/ heat alarms, a few sockets (in the kitchen) and spurs with the final testing/certification to do once all that is done...

What are my options? Building controls will want to sign off the work but will need electricians certification etc. :26:

Get another spark. Post your location and maybe someone here will pick up where he left off. Hope he's ok though. Went through the same myself last year but pulled through.

Yeah hope he's ok the poor chap. Glad you pulled through - cancer its a b*tch!

I'm in Leicester if anyone is keen - won't get my hopes up mind!

I'm in Leicester, and could have a look.
I'm exceptionally busy at the moment, so could not do any work until late September.
There is no way I would sign off non-complying work, so it all has to be right before any Certificate is issued.

Send him our love, recommended this forum to him - he can come and join in the banter whilst he recovers.
Hope you get the job sorted.

1/ send him a bunch of flowers (wreath).

2/ find a brain dead living corpse (Electrical Trainee) to finish the work.

I think that was a little uncalled for. Though 2 is probably accurate.

Elmer, the less said about your washing machine the better.

Still has me laughing. I just wish I'd seen it happen.

I wish I'd seen it happen too. I saw the aftermath and that was funny enough.

The best one though has to be the one I did see and it was the ex-paratrooper who decided to fit his own kitchen with me doing the leccy, gas & plumbing bits. He was cutting the hole in the worktop for the sink to fit into and was using a jig saw with the worktop supported by the brand new and as yet unfitted washing machine and cut right through the top of it from front to back.

Their Lass was not best pleased .................

Reply to Hmm... My electricians got cancer half way through the job in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net