Discuss Home office light and socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I know this has been asked many times but I'm at a loss for explicit guidance.

I'm doing my home office and I am considering putting lights and socket off the same rcbo.

Tiny room I use for invoicing, bit of gaming and generally avoiding my misses. If I was doing a custom Id seperate but as I know the consumption of that room and obviously my trade I want to make life simple.

What I've got from the regs it vaguely states circuits should be sperated. Any 18th edition savants read something I didn't?? My opinion is its fine and within regs with little downside.

Its more pertenant because my house has a lot of circuits already due to an extension being built yonks ago (before I moved in) and the general opinion of the spark that "the more circuits the better).

N.b the ball and chain won't let me rewire.

TBH it's no different to spurring off a circuit to add a light to a room, I've done it myself in the past. When installing new circuits we also have to consider practicality and cost.

Yeah I think so, I think that's why the regs leave it more open than they usually do.
I often run loft light supplies from the nearest socket circuit rather than the upstairs lighting, if you need to work on the lighting circuit in the loft you can still have light to see...

Reply to Home office light and socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi. I'm in the process of getting my qualifications and am taking on some small jobs for family to try and get some experience in. Today I was...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am looking for some advice re: putting new sockets and usb sockets in my home. Someone will be rewiring the entire house but I have...
Replies
Views
Morning guys, I would like some advice, currently at my workplace, I am replacing a DB and existing wiring in a warehouse. One of the ways feeds...
Replies
Views
My son is having a new house built. The electrical wiring is almost complete but a problem has been detected. Some of the rooms LED lights...
Replies
Views
Hey So I'll say I'm not a qualified sparky however I know how to wire up a replacement socket or a replacement dimmer (but I couldn't add a new...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock