Discuss honeywell g2 and activ8 in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all, I think I am being thick but I cant fathom out how to wire activ8 sensors into the g2, I will admit I have never wired one, have been fitting accentas since forever but I cant find an idiots wiring diagram for the panels, I downloaded the 137 page manual and I have the activ8 instructions but am at a bit of a loss, any constructive help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Dave

most will be end of line except for a zone which has 3 detectors but in honesty I cant even get to wiring a sensor into the panel the o volts for each zone is a confusion to me I think I need a smoke box sketch to get my thick head to grasp whats going on. Thanks
David

most will be end of line except for a zone which has 3 detectors but in honesty I cant even get to wiring a sensor into the panel the o volts for each zone is a confusion to me I think I need a smoke box sketch to get my thick head to grasp whats going on. Thanks
David
by end of line, he means with resistors fitted in the detectors. or are you wiring it 2 for 12V,2 for alarm, and 2 for tamper?

so it's simple. + to 12V. - to 0v, zone pair to alarm. tampers series in panel.

so the relay pair goes into the 0v on the rio, I think it was the 0v that has thrown me, should have gone with my initial thought of wiring it how I wired every other panel but didn't fancy blowing up the panel, and then I made the fatal of reading the instructions

Yes it's just a common.
so for example door contact, zone 1 alarm pair one leg in 1 & other in 0v between terminals 1 & 2
hall pir zone 2, alarm pair one leg in 2 the other in the 0v between terminals 1 & 2 and so on.
you have to choose if your using N/C or resistors as you can't mix. If your going down the N/c route you will need to wire all your tampers in series and wire them into a spare zone and make that zone 24 tamper.

if your using resistors then you don't, plus you only need 4cores to each single detector.

The activ8 has built in eol resistors, which mean you can connect the zone direct to terminal 1 & 6 on the activ8......Now for some reason I cant find the value you need to set the galaxy zone to, as the activ8 resistance is not stated...a quick call to ADE/Honeywell may answer that one for you. At a guess I would say 1k/1k

Simlec, your link shows eol on terminals 1 & 6 also......thinking on this, they are either eol terminals, or spare teminals to help wire in eol resistors...not sure on this one.

Reply to honeywell g2 and activ8 in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net