Discuss How many of you have iPhones? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
I was wondering how many of you have iPhones as I'm thinking of adding Tapatalk - Online Community at your fingertips! to all our forums so those with iPhones can use the cool iPhone layout and interface to navigate the forums whilst out on the road or whatever.

The tapatalk application for the iphone costs ÂŁ1.79 and I'm using it on some other forums as a bit of a trial and it's bloody brilliant.

Righteo. I'll install it on all forums over the weekend. You seen the interface it uses? It makes you browse the forum like you're just searching through info on the iphones standard interface. I think it's bloody brilliant. I'd have gotted it ages ago but I only knew it existed today.

Not had a chance to have a proper look yet but in general the apps are of high quality so would make it much easier to navigate around the forum, which would be great as I mainly check the forum from my iPhone

Right.

I've installed the system onto all our forums so you'll be able to go to the business category in the iphone app to find out forums, or search for "electrical forum" and you'll find us.

I've tested it and it's working sound. Brilliant app. Very handy.

Let me know you're using it when you have a go. :)

Mark,

Go here: Tapatalk - Online Community at your fingertips! and click the "go to apple store" grey button on the left. It'll load your iTunes and download the app (note that it's ÂŁ1.79 mate - don't want to mislead people into thinking it's free).

Once you've got the app, load it up, go to "business" (it's the second one down, the first being automotive) and you'll see all our forums at the top. Orrrrr you can search for "electrical forum" though you should find it in business pretty easily.

Let me know how you get on Mark.

All the best

Dan

Got the tapatalk app yesterday goo wee app this. Easy to get around an doesn't run away with your battery! :)

Only thing that kind of bugs me is it only loads the last 9 posts when reading new posts but apart from that it's all good

Got the tapatalk app yesterday goo wee app this. Easy to get around an doesn't run away with your battery! :)

Only thing that kind of bugs me is it only loads the last 9 posts when reading new posts but apart from that it's all good

It loads the latest posts, and that depends on when you last viewed the forum. So it sounds like 9 topics were replied to or created since you last viewed the forum. On mine now it's showing about 18 or so.

Though you can browse the forum categories like normal too so you can always get to the topic you're looking for. :)

I've joined a few other forums, mainly automotive, as a result of having this so we might get a few new members too, you never know. :)

Reply to How many of you have iPhones? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net