Discuss How much would you charge your Builder? bearing in mind our birds are friends. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Bearing in mind i still have to make a living. :)

Morning, I have a builder that i work for who has supplied me with private work in the last 2 weeks which was chargeable to the customer we were working for. He now wants me to move his existing fuse board in his flat from one cupboard to another to open his kitchen up and also put a 4ft flo and a double socket in the loft,apart from the 4ft flo and switch he is supplying materials. The wall has been removed which it was situated on and the job goes ahead tomorrow (Saturday). I normally charge 300 for a fuse board change/move but as this job is not chargable to somebody have agreed to do it for £268 which includes the £18 for the 4ft flo with switch and the socket both in the loft.

He also wants 2 pendants changed to 8 down lights, 6 in the kitchen and 2 in the entrance hall........working on the basis of who he is what would you see as an acceptable price for these 8 down lights as these have not been priced for as yet.

Thanks
Max

Basically, if he's gonna offer you more work in the future and you respect the guy then look after him.

Note.....down lights are the curse of modern domestic electrics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Max, if he is a mate then perhaps he might be able to help you in your own home with his skills, like on a hour to hour basis?

Just a thought.

Reply to How much would you charge your Builder? bearing in mind our birds are friends. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all! Posted on here a couple of years ago and got great advice. Have been self employed a couple of years now and always find pricing work the...
Replies
Views
nothing seems to be plain sailing at the moment (SPD problems, missing keys etc) So what do you think about this one - would you work in a loft...
Replies
Views
Hi all Now being upfront I am not a sparks. I am about to have some work done by a friend (certified) and as he is doing me a favour I want to as...
Replies
Views
So a quick catch up so you can get an idea… I was asked to do a job for another electrician, as he is too busy. I’m busy myself but said I’d...
Replies
Views
So I am a fully qualified spark with my own company, however I also have a few properties I rent out. One of my tenants asked if they can have an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock