Discuss I cannot wait until December.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SolarCity

-
Arms
Reaction score
I honestly cannot wait until all this madness subsides. This isn't running a business - this is like managing a disaster. I spend half the day on the phone and the other half in a mild panic. Suppliers can't cope and don't seem to care when they let us down. We have had two customer's roof that have required entirely retiling, battening and felting and when I tell them that we won't be getting the job finished for a couple of days they look at me as if I've just told them I've run over their cat.

Another two weeks of this and I'll be charging round Rothbury with a sawn off shotgun.

We're the same. Most of our customers are in a blind panic about getting the Fit applications in, are asking for guaranteed fit rates at 43p and guaranteed installation dates - the World has gone mad!. 24 days until our last install and we're counting the days before we collapse in a heap.

What really annoys me is that we can't provide the quality of service and hand holding that usually do because we're so busy chasing stock and liasing with customers about when we can go back and finish off their jobs because not everything was provided at the time.

I honestly cannot wait until all this madness subsides. This isn't running a business - this is like managing a disaster. I spend half the day on the phone and the other half in a mild panic. Suppliers can't cope and don't seem to care when they let us down. We have had two customer's roof that have required entirely retiling, battening and felting and when I tell them that we won't be getting the job finished for a couple of days they look at me as if I've just told them I've run over their cat.

Another two weeks of this and I'll be charging round Rothbury with a sawn off shotgun.
got an old baikal 12 bore if u want to cut that up(woudnt want u to ruin your pair of purdeys) soz but if u dont shoot u wont get it!!!!!

Yes SRE, you spend all year building up a good reputation but in the end it will get a good beating as we don't take as much time with the customers...

still, compared to some horror stories Segen have been pretty good (though I'm now think i've got excess schuco anchors and rails.)

Sorry i would like to speak on behalf of most suppliers and competitots on this one to say we dont care is unfair, i have been in sales for 26 years and the last ten days have been the worst of our lifes, we have seen ten fold demand for mounting systems and have factories working at five times normal capacity to try and meet demand which is impossible. No customer can surely expect suppliers to work in these conditions, nearly all components are made abroad typically Germany for mounting kit and + they have the whole of europe to supply, do you surely think suppliers want to turn away business?

Regards

PA

Yea, they've turned up trumps for us too and Carbomat, they will certainly be having my business moving forward. Our last 2 inverters are being delivered on Thursday and compared to some of the nightmare stories on here we've been lucky BUT I have spent all day, every day since the 28th October chasing everything.

Has anyone even had time to look at the consultation yet?

bigg solar,thats twice ive seen you comment on the raoul moat situation as a joke,remember people were killed and others lives ruined,for some reason it amuses you..

Some suppliers may have been good and we are looking at this whole month to assess which ones deserve our business going forward. However, the service we have received from two large suppliers has been diabolical.

Do they care? The manager of one of these companies emailed me back to suggest that the catastrophic mistakes that his company had made may be down to a miscommunication at our end. I politely informed him that this wasn't the case and he hasn't replied. He doesn't care and neither do the clueless idiots in the office.

I wonder if it would be too much to ask for people to actually work longer hours for a few weeks? Maybe even come in on a weekend? Y'know, to answer the phone when they've left us with another disaster and stuff.

bigg solar,thats twice ive seen you comment on the raoul moat situation as a joke,remember people were killed and others lives ruined,for some reason it amuses you..

The actual event didn't amuse me at all. I see no reason not to attempt to illustrate my rage by bringing his name up.

Thanks for your interest in my posts though.

well up here, to quote morrissey 'that joke isnt funny anymore' i mean you could go in a saddam or bin laden rage if you really want to..

Reply to I cannot wait until December.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net