Discuss I.R test on fluorescent in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

StevieBoy

Alright, got my AM2 tomorrow and when reading through some notes they say for I.R testing fluorescent fittings to remove the electronic starter. Wasn't sure if they were referring to the sarter or the ballast. Normally when I test a circuit with one on I just disconnect the switch wire.

So can you just take out the starter to test them?

Was justing thinking if you can it would same me some precious minutes. Cheers.

There is no fluorescent fitting in the composite installation you are required to carry out. The fuorescent fitting is in the pre-wired test rig where you carry out assessment C2, D1 and D2.

There is no fluorescent fitting in the composite installation you are required to carry out. The fuorescent fitting is in the pre-wired test rig where you carry out assessment C2, D1 and D2.

Cheers mate.

Started the installation today and unforunately had to put a coupler inbetween the 90 degree bends on the conduit so was alittle annoyed about that, but what Im really kicking myself over is on that on th MICC I forgot to put the shroud on first, and it was the second one so I couldnt just slide in on from the other end.

Instead of trying to get the pot back off and risk damaging the cavble, as they only just give you enough, I puy a slit in the shroud and slide it over. Once fitted I put the slit at the back out off sight. If the examiner see's this is it a really big mistake or just a few points deducted?

Cheers.

You are allowed one coupler between the two 90's you will not loose any points. Shrouds on the swa and micc if not on you will loose a point even if you slit them to get them on. Remember all assessments are not 100%.
Best of luck.

Reply to I.R test on fluorescent in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net