Discuss I took one for the team in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cadgey123

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just back from Barcelona this week, and on the last day of the holiday I got an electric shock off the AC unit whilst leaning on the balcony railing. Obviously the unit had a fault on it and no earth path , so took me as the least resistance when I came and leaned on it.

It's not a great situation but glad it was me getting the belt rather as a young child or someone more at risk.

Gave the Air BnB a right -------ing for not having service records & maintenance schedules.

Any body else had this happen?

Just back from Barcelona this week, and on the last day of the holiday I got an electric shock off the AC unit whilst leaning on the balcony railing. Obviously the unit had a fault on it and no earth path , so took me as the least resistance when I came and leaned on it.

It's not a great situation but glad it was me getting the belt rather as a young child or someone more at risk.

Gave the Air BnB a right -------ing for not having service records & maintenance schedules.

Any body else had this happen?
Did they take any notice of the -------ing? by the way glad you are OK.

Did they take any notice of the -------ing? by the way glad you are OK.

It fell on deaf ears to start with but then I pleaded with the guy I would do anything to tarnish his reputation if he didn't act on the event.
He got 2 electricians / AC guys in to look at it.
Don't know what it would have been to cause the fault, but I have had a few belts and that
was a sore one. Right through my right knee and out the chest area as well...

Unfortunately this is an all too common occurrence overseas. Usually kept quiet and brushed under the carpet by hotel owners and local media!
Congratulations you've lived to tell the tale and you've done all you can by making the owner act on it.

Very glad to hear that you are ok from that incident. Being a spark puts you in a better position to follow up your complaint and not be met with placating waffle.
Follow the complaint through to the end and get it resolved for the sake of everyone else using that residence. You're in a good position to shout louder and louder if not just for sport alone. @Vortigern will be along in a minute - a true sage of legal advice.
Crackin' place Barcelona when you haven't got electrons taking the least resistive path up your left leg!

I am afraid I have been toppled form the "sage of legal advice" as I got the standard of evidence wrong and was corrected by my learned colleague @Midwest. My gavel has been broken and I have been sent down @Rpa07 see the post Help Needed re re-calibration, a most disgraceful denouement.

However I would say to the OP, did you get a check up? If as you say there was pain in the chest region there can sometimes be damage to tissue that right now you may not be aware of that could lead to complications later. I suggest you get a check up. Personally I would sue him. The first thing I would think after surviving is I could make money out of this. Seriously though, such a person who does not take the safety of the public as a grave commitment needs to be exposed for the safety of others who will no doubt encounter his future cavalier approach to safety. Get some medical and legal advice in that order.

However I would say to the OP, did you get a check up? If as you say there was pain in the chest region there can sometimes be damage to tissue that right now you may not be aware of that could lead to complications later. I suggest you get a check up. Personally I would sue him. The first thing I would think after surviving is I could make money out of this. Seriously though, such a person who does not take the safety of the public as a grave commitment needs to be exposed for the safety of others who will no doubt encounter his future cavalier approach to safety.
Quite

All according to where you had it! If the X-ray picked it up in/on your person!
Always put tools in cargo luggage checked in.

Reply to I took one for the team in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net