Search the forum,

Discuss I want a cut from the average working sparkys pay packet! in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

ricardo123

Hi All,

I am just doing a bit of research into the number of bodies that all take a cut from the average working sparky. Can anyone add any more to this list?

IEE, HSE, TRUSTMARK, ELECSA, ECA, NICEIC, NAPIT, PARTP, JIB, LABC

Regards

ricardo123

Weeee every lamp you buy 15 p goes to it , council for waste transfer , trade bodies anual assessment fee , the notification charges , goverment ,

If your a electrician why suold you join up with these leeches??????you dont need them thats why you passed exams its total bull you are quallified thats it .

Look at it this way way I served 4 years to be an electrician 2 further years to get approved status I have qualified in the 14,15,16&17th editions I&T and my health and safety (that I have to sit every 3 years) I have liability insurance and after all that I am told I need to get registered with a self appointed authority who apparantly are meant to police me so. But I believe in free trade and I also believe that to force me to register with these as I see it self interest groups is going against my basic human rights that states I should be allowed to make a living unhindered hence why this big grey area will continue and who knows one day I will get a 6 week trained electrician tell me that I am "iffy" because I am not registered ?????

Look at it this way way I served 4 years to be an electrician 2 further years to get approved status I have qualified in the 14,15,16&17th editions I&T and my health and safety (that I have to sit every 3 years) I have liability insurance and after all that I am told I need to get registered with a self appointed authority who apparantly are meant to police me so. But I believe in free trade and I also believe that to force me to register with these as I see it self interest groups is going against my basic human rights that states I should be allowed to make a living unhindered hence why this big grey area will continue and who knows one day I will get a 6 week trained electrician tell me that I am "iffy" because I am not registered ?????
As 1 of the iffy electricians said in my 17th course "If this is the 17th edition WHAT was the first 1 called?"

Reply to I want a cut from the average working sparkys pay packet! in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net