Discuss I'm in trouble wrong cable for car charger in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

baazab

-
Reaction score
Doing full rewire customer asked me to run a supply for future use car charger supply

I ran 6mm 3core swa to where the car charger is going in future, yesterday I watch few videos and noticed data or ct cable !!!

Can anyone help is 6mm 3 core swa will work with out this data or ct cable ,

It depends entirely on the charge point being installed.

It’s only ones that require load shedding or internet access that will need extra cables, and those functions can likely work over Wi-Fi or radio frequency.

Is it going to difficult to run afterwards?
The extra 2 core some say ct cable is is that data cables !
Will that go back to consumer unit !
How can I mix ct or data with the rest the circuits ?

Many thanks

Doing full rewire customer asked me to run a supply for future use car charger supply

I ran 6mm 3core swa to where the car charger is going in future, yesterday I watch few videos and noticed data or ct cable !!!

Can anyone help is 6mm 3 core swa will work with out this data or ct cable ,

I wouldn't worry too much, unless you were provided with a spec that included data connection. If they simply asked for a cable, then plenty of charge point options out there that'll utilise wifi (provided the run isn't long enough to be out of range).

I had podpoint install a charger on one of my rented property through the tenants company.. they just used 6mm NYY cable with then a two core data cable in a steal wired armour and ran it along the NYY cable, I guess the wire armouring provides screening..

Would it be possible to do the same, just run another cable alongside? The cable podpoint used even fit in the cleats with the NYY cable..

Reply to I'm in trouble wrong cable for car charger in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net