Discuss Industrial to domestic transfer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Morning all.

Long story short been an electrical engineer for 10 years. looking to take on domestic work (and no Ime not claiming it easy or that Ime fully able)

My qualifications include electrical HNC, electrical Maintenance NVQ3. Engineer operations NVQ 2+3. Mechanical BTech. Compex, IOSH. 18th edition.

work in manufacturing so a very multi-skilled role, this includes process and packaging machines, 3 phase motors, low voltage gear sensors etc... plc’s.. inverters and the mechanical gear that goes with it.

my question is, if I part take in the inspection and testing c a g 2392. Part P c a g 2328. And gain a few years experience working with qualified lads..

Would this make me able for the NAPIT scheme.
Looking at 3-5 year plan to go self employed with the experience I have and looking for the best route

would I be able to do non notifiable jobs and give minor works certs as it stands now?

thanks

Yes in a nut shell you can do domestic non notifiable minor works right now , might be prudent to take out PL insurance just to cover your own arse.
Start out as you mean to go on, build a customer base and set a good standard.

Would this make me able for the NAPIT scheme. Yes
Looking at 3-5 year plan to go self employed with the experience I have and looking for the best route

would I be able to do non notifiable jobs and give minor works certs as it stands now? Yes

Having answered that I think you are mad, wanting to go into domestic work from industrial. that's like scrapping a Ferrari and buying a Reliant Robin.

Would this make me able for the NAPIT scheme. Yes

would I be able to do non notifiable jobs and give minor works certs as it stands now? Yes

Having answered that I think you are mad, wanting to go into domestic work from industrial. that's like scrapping a Ferrari and buying a Reliant Robin.
Thanks mate and tbh in the manufacturing world it’s generally all shift work either 4 on 4 off or 3 shift rotation with a week off. Ide never look at leaving at my current role.
But wanting to do this during my off days.

nice to have a change and tbh the new learning and challenge is a kick up the back side for me.

@telectrix don't you know the grass is always greener on the other side.
Got to keep your options open atm mate eh. Lots of the bigger manufacturing company’s are either moving to Europe or down sizing as they supply outside uk. The food industry and brewery’s are booming but don’t think ide eat a pork pie again if I saw the state of the machines that produce them lol

Reply to Industrial to domestic transfer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net