Discuss Invoicing and Estimating in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Wondered if anyone had any templates of how they structure their invoicing and estimates they would be willing to share with me? Just wanted to make my paperwork look a little more professional when it comes to the structure and breakdowns. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

bilbo

Buy Quick Books but not the monthly fee one, get the full package it will do all you need and more, you can use all its features or just one or two but may hit your pocket for £150.

is it not worth signing up for monthly online option then? any features you miss out on?

Well.... if you can guarantee having an internet connection all the time.

Seriously. Buy the 2015 version and its a one off cost then its up to you when you next upgrade.

The monthly fees are the same package more or less but stop paying your software wont work .... you pay indefinately and lose out big style in the long term .... one off payment and the product is yours for good.

XERO
accounting package its cloud based create an invoice bring up approve & send & it produces invoice template for you & also brings up nice email to send to client explaining they can go online & pay or view if they have paid ( if you have credited account when paid), monthly fee quite small ties in with most bank accounts also, take picture of receipt & drop into live accounts.

if you guys use software on your computer make sure its synced online or use something like dropbox to keep a backup.

the last thing you want is a pc fault and you cant access records

I'd agree with this... i use a free dropbox account for all my files as i do them manually on excel and word.

Also means that i can do an invoice on my laptop if I'm away and it automatically downloads to my home pc, I know this will be done automatically for those with website based invoicing software but its handy for those that work with their own templates and documents

I use Debitoor they have ios or android apps or can do it through your internet browser. You can do a quote whilst on site and email it to the client.

Reply to Invoicing and Estimating in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net