Discuss Invoicing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I've used it, its quite good. Quite easy to customize the invoicing templates etc, add items/products to the inventory etc. Also a good range of reports can be displayed/printed etc etc They seem to update versions yearly, meaning another purchase is required if the new features are wanted.

I switched to Quickfile which even for just invoicing has pretty much all the features I needed and a lot more with it.

I've been using Intuit Quickbooks Pro for nearly 5 years.

Client data base
customisable estimates and invoices - logo's and alike
automatic numbering of estimates & invoices
Enter all your costs and keep a tally of all your expenses and be able to locate supplier invoices easily
P & L
set a budget and see how you are doing at the touch of a button
Aged debt
email pdf's of documents direct from the programme
attach PDF and alike to customer records

the list goes on

If you PM me an email address, I'll send you some sample estimates and invoices

Yeah, really easy to use and to customise templates. Think there is a 30 day free trial. you can save as pdf files and easy to see who owes how much and also you record when been paid so you can cross reference when doing end of year accounts etc there support have always been quick to reply to questions

A combination of excel and word. Just after something a bit more streamlined, vat breakdown, discount, automatic sequential numbering etc... and also something that saves as pdf without having to convert.

Not the main point, but Word and Excel will both save straight to pdf (I'm using 2007).

Openoffice can save to pdf too, there should be a option for it (export directly as pdf). Also any program that you can print from can save as a pdf you just need to install a pdf printer such as cutePDF writer. once installed when you want a pdf you go to print then in printer selection you choose cutePDF and then print it will then save it as a pdf

Openoffice can save to pdf too, there should be a option for it (export directly as pdf). Also any program that you can print from can save as a pdf you just need to install a pdf printer such as cutePDF writer. once installed when you want a pdf you go to print then in printer selection you choose cutePDF and then print it will then save it as a pdf

Not in my version of OO. Also, the PDF printers, at least the free ones, give such poor quality renderings. I want all my logos and accreditations at the bottom of my headed paper looking nice, and not splodgy lol

A combination of excel and word. Just after something a bit more streamlined, vat breakdown, discount, automatic sequential numbering etc... and also something that saves as pdf without having to convert.

I was about to say get someone to automate the processes that you carry out. Someone who is capable of writing software using Visual Basic will be quite capable of tailoring MS Office to meet your needs. That said, having read further into the thread and discovered that you use Open Office, I am not familiar with the options available to you to tailor its functionality.

I was about to say get someone to automate the processes that you carry out. Someone who is capable of writing software using Visual Basic will be quite capable of tailoring MS Office to meet your needs. That said, having read further into the thread and discovered that you use Open Office, I am not familiar with the options available to you to tailor its functionality.

I'm sure that service would cost a lot more than the £50 that SliQ are asking for even if it could be done with OO. I'm pretty certain I'll be using software, I only ask about SliQ because that was the one which was recommended to me.

I'm sure that service would cost a lot more than the £50 that SliQ are asking for even if it could be done with OO. I'm pretty certain I'll be using software, I only ask about SliQ because that was the one which was recommended to me.

So you are going to make a really important business decision because of £50.

Madness

Reply to Invoicing in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net