Discuss Irene! And you moan it’s raining? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

tony, thats just down the road from that job i did last week, and posted about. your mates telling porkies. once the water board turned the water off it all dried up! lol

You’re not the only one that’s had trouble with burst mains. Call from the plant, “we’ve lost water pressure”. OK I’ll nip down to the pump house expecting just the smallest pump to be running. We only needed a small 50HP pump at the weekend. Gets there and there’s 2 X 100 and the 50HP all roaring away???? Drove back a different way to find a bloody great hole in the road and what looked like the Emperor fountain coming out of it! Best of it was every so often a lump of concrete would be launched in to the air. Time to get away from there. Shuts the pumps off and goes to see the boss, when I tell him about it he’s looking confused???? “Can’t be, there’s no pipe there”. It was a lovely sunny afternoon we spent hours following a 100-year-old pipe with a CAT scanner. At times it was like trying to keep a museum going, two different pump houses feeding a maze of pipes to places that had been demolished 50 years before.

The company got it’s ar*e kicked for dropping the level in the local canal!

Reply to Irene! And you moan it’s raining? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I was working with some odd singles today from Batt Cables, they seemed to have a plastic like braid between the insulation and the copper, almost...
Replies
Views
First : here are 2 x sockets .What code would you give and why ? 3rd pick you can see rear thermal damage on double socket second : Roof...
Replies
Views
Hi, my niece lives in a flat and has a bathroom without a window. There is an extractor fan which packed up and an electrician installed a new one...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Has anyone ever encountered an undersized start capacitor (from manufacture) for a single phase pump??? I would like to integrate...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would like some advice on the below. Context: Rural French domestic installation TT system Earth rod is situated inside the property...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock