Discuss Is it meant to do this? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

My thoughts exactly. ( >for the pessimists< My imaginary 'sparky' mate, who is not currently overseas dodging bullets for 'Queen and country. And will not be doing the legal stuff when he comes back on R&R has basically said the same. The reason I'm on here is to get an idea of what to 'fix to walls' and 'proper' cabling so when/if he gets back, he doesn't have to fish about doing the 'donkey work'... he deserves a rest after all ;))... Thanks 'shocking_eg' ... appreciate your time.

No worries mate. Don't take any notice of some of the above "pee" takers lol

How have you got your shower back on for the meantime then ?

al fresco job?

29a.jpg

No worries mate. Don't take any notice of some of the above "pee" takers lol

How have you got your shower back on for the meantime then ?

I haven't... Back to 'Bath nights' lol. And being a Paramedic, getting covered in other peoples 'pieces', its times like this you really do miss the shower! Still, the bubbles are fun!

My thoughts exactly. ( >for the pessimists< My imaginary 'sparky' mate, who is not currently overseas dodging bullets for 'Queen and country. And will not be doing the legal stuff when he comes back on R&R has basically said the same. The reason I'm on here is to get an idea of what to 'fix to walls' and 'proper' cabling so when/if he gets back, he doesn't have to fish about doing the 'donkey work'... he deserves a rest after all ;))... Thanks 'shocking_eg' ... appreciate your time.

That may be fine waiting for your mate coming home to replace the old fuse boards with a modern dual RCD CU but what are you going to do about the shower?? I don't think for a minute your going to wait for your mate to refurbish this blown out switch fuse etc!! So if your going to be doing the re-wire and connections etc, no safety installation testing is going to be conducted, which is all a bit silly, even niaeve considering that you have seen what can happen when things are not right!!

The other problem your going to face, is that your mate won't be with a Part Pee scheme provider, so from a legal standpoint, wont be an official installation. Unless of course he/you goes through the LABC, which could cost more than the replacement of the old CU's to the new CU!!

Reply to Is it meant to do this? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net