Discuss Is it possible to get a double sensor PIR? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GrannySmiff

Hello everybody,

Been asked to put up outside light for familly as they have a seperate rented propety. I have attached a picture which roughly helps explain the situation.

They need the light to activate upon walking through the gate, and from leaving the accomidation, will a normal pir light pick them up. Do manufactures tell you the spread and angle that there pir will work at? is it possible to get a double sensor so I can aim one at the gate and one at the door.

Or do they just need to pay for 2 lights?

light.jpg

Thanks for any feedback on this simple matter.

If you are looking for a multi PIR system then the GJD kit Security Lighting - GJD Manufacturing Limited is probably what you want. MK did a master / slave PIR a good few years ago and I don't know whether they are still available as that would have been an alternative

It would be worth looking round for a 180° PIR for your application although the sensitvity of these units is a bit hit and miss

Last edited:
i got one from the electric ctr. its all remote as well. two pirs, a remote light switch and a remote control that works from the moon :D cheap enough too and a lot less hassle than running cables all over

looking at your pic. a 180degree sensor should cope.

Reply to Is it possible to get a double sensor PIR? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We just moved to a new house and there are few projects I'd like to do. There are 5 external PIR security lights, 3 at the back and 2 at the...
Replies
Views
I have a problem. Not only am I not an electrician, but I need some help understanding what options are achievable so that I can go back to the...
Replies
Views
I fitted a PIR sensor light to a detached garage sitting at the top of the drive, then changed to a seperate Sensor feeding the light. I am...
Replies
Views
Billynm
B
I
Hi guys, happy new year to you all - I hope the hangovers have recovered by now! I'm also hoping you pro's out there can give me some advice...
Replies
Views
infaddict
I
Hello there need some advice Had a call today from a customer who, i fitted a replacement PIR security light (120w halgoen), early November...
Replies
Views
Spudnik
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock