Discuss Is the laptop worth buying? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The clue is in the letter S - - - > "Sh..t"
Indeed!
You can bypass account creation with genuine windows boot usb. It's just couple of commands during install.
Probably, its just MS don't seem to make it easy for various reasons. The Rufus tool probably just puts those commands in to the install execution environment but it has a couple of simple tick-boxes for you to make it really easy.

I avoids Windows as far as I can these days, though I have programmed for it in the past (along with DOS, VMS, Solaris & Linux for my sins). For the last 10 or so years I have rarely needed it at home or work, and have VMs with Windows (w2k, XP, 7) that serve for most occasions where I do need it.

Many thanks to all who replied.

I have now bought a laptop and am very happy with it, straight from the word go.

You all gave lots of information and I used a mixture of it to end up with the Asus vivo book 16GB ryzen 7 £599 from john lewis. I'm sure I could have found it cheaper from another site, but I like the fact I can pop in to the store if need be.

I booted up both the new lap top and the old. I then clicked on chrome on both at the same time. My old HP took 13 seconds to load up my home page. The ASus took <1second!!! Very happy.

I realise I wont utilise anywhere near its full capability but it's making me smile looking at the spec rundown on the system... 16GB RAM, Ryzen 7, 8 cores etc etc... :)

The clue is in the letter S - - - > "Sh..t"

You can bypass account creation with genuine windows boot usb. It's just couple of commands during install.
This asus didn't come in S mode, so no faffing around needed luckily.

Reply to Is the laptop worth buying? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock