Discuss is this allowable in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks for your suggestion, like any of you if a friend as for advice you help where possible. What I've asked all I have encountered on here other than a few good responses in the end its is negativity and silly responses, don't really boast well if people not in the trade look up stuff and get directed here. At the end of the day like my position we all start out with little experience older we are more we get. Unfortunately this is not somethin. I have come across so sought advice here. Which I won't be doing again.

It does get tiresome to read day-after-day BADLY worded questions that make no sense because the OP couldn't be bothered to read what he / she has typed and ask themselves "if I was a stranger reading this would I understand it?" before pressing the "post button".

Take a bit more time to THINK about EXACTLY what it is you're trying to ask and the responses will be a bit more positive.

It really IS that simple !!

No No No!
A kitchen will run perfectly fine on a single RFC no problem.
What is it with this running a radial to each appliance?!?!

In just finishing the 2400, or what ever it's called now. And the only exception to this was maybe a radial to the dishwasher because you may get more then 20A between the socket legs. Which apparently is not allowed.

I'm sure one of you domestic guys will confirm or beat me down.

In just finishing the 2400, or what ever it's called now. And the only exception to this was maybe a radial to the dishwasher because you may get more then 20A between the socket legs. Which apparently is not allowed.

I may have misunderstood here, but 20 Amps? Where is this figure from? Daz

In just finishing the 2400, or what ever it's called now./ And the only exception to this was maybe a radial to the dishwasher because you may get more then 20A between the socket legs. Which apparently is not allowed.

Lee - is there a bit of your text missing here / ? - can't seem to get what you're saying

Are you talking about an unbalanced RFC causing excessive current in one leg - and the need to feed the DW separately to remedy the problem?

Hi mate,

Archy pointed out a kitchen will run fine on 1 RFC. I tend to agree, my house has not burnt down as of yet.

I did a mock exam and the model answer suggested that it was prudent to put a Dishwasher on its own 16A radial.

This was too reduce the likely hood of having 20A between 2 sockets, 1 length of 2.5.

I've just looked in Appendix 15 and cannot find anything to support it but I will ask my tutor and see if there is anything in black and white RE this 20A.

I have broken into a ring, to feed an RCD spur to then go on to feed other items, but cant say as I would do it quite this way.

I am sure you have logical explanation in your head somewhere...

There is a bit in app15 (RFC part) that suggests appliance greater than or equal to 2kW should be fitted on their own dedicated radial circuit.

Basically he wants to run a rfc in kitchen for his appliances but use fcu's supplying double sockets. Instead of pulling appliances out to get to sockets he wants to fit fcu above worktop then run cable in wall to double sockets. If that makes more sense

There must be literally thousands of kitchens wired up exactly that way to provide isolation to under-counter appliances without having to touch the appliance. The other method is to fit appliance sockets in adjacent kitchen cabinet & drill out of sight hole to allow plug to pass through.
Either method is acceptable

Reply to is this allowable in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net