Discuss JIB - Completed Apprenticeship 1998 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The length of time it took me to do the 18th edition course is indicative of how long i've been doing electrics for?
No, but you have stated you spent a decade not being taken on and was taken on when you did your 18th, so not very long
1. I'm not a 'mate', i do full installs on my own, mate.
Your qualifications say otherwise, look up the definitions of mate, improver & electrician
You also shouldn't be doing FULL installs if your being employed as an improver
2. Where did i call myself qualified? Oh, that's right, absolutely nowhere.
It's right there in your profile which you filled out when you registered here and this is what you selected

"What type of forum member are you? Practising Electrician (Qualified - Domestic or Commercial etc)"
If we're gonna be petty too you'll probably be glad to know that i'm likely on the same or more money than you even though i've not got any tickets.🏆🥇🏌️‍♂️😆
You are not even close to what I'm on but it wouldn't bother me even if you were
You're having a pop here because you're carrying it over from that other thread that you failed to read properly.
I read it perfectly fine, you was encouraging someone with no qualifications and no experience to get a CSCS card and then register with an agency as an improver which is a total lie and in my view would be gaining money by deception which is fraud
If I was sent someone like that from an agency, they wouldn't last 5 minutes before they were out the door

Not only that but you constantly state that ALL of the correct ways into the industry are a waste of time and money. I have no problem with anyone having them views about some of the routes but not to take ANY route at all is irresponsible in my view
and I'm not carrying over from other thread, I just find it amazing that someone with virtually no qualifications is having a pop at someone who quite rightly would like their correct title on their card after years of being on £40 a week

If these are your views and it's working for you then fine but as I have said previously please don't encourage others to do the same which could possibly go horribly wrong for them. There are plenty of ways into the industry even via the short course route or even experienced worker route but just the 18th edition is NOT a route at all

I'm currently formalising my qualifications through the EWA. It doesn't seem difficult but it's time consuming and it would have been easier and faster doing a 5 week course.

Although the gold card is usually spoken about for commercial and industrial work my experiences have been the opposite. There's no part p and with a big company even the QS doesn't need to be fully qualified they only need to hold the 2391. No installers where I work have done a nvq and most haven't even been on a course.

Reply to JIB - Completed Apprenticeship 1998 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net