Discuss job pricing..lived in rewire!! nice in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

s18mcn

Evening all! what would you be looking at for a lived in rewire? nothing fancy just sockets and lights in each room etc.....Also what kind of price would you look at for upgrading main bonds?in general?

2500 would be the bare minimum depending where you live. Just finishing a part rewire in an empty 3 bed semi, charged 2100, Lincolnshire

I aggree, occupied 3-bed = 3k min, unoccupied 2.5k min
If you explain to customer, sometimes they will arrange a free holiday for themselves, depending if they trust you

Awful jobs, havn't done an occupied for years. Ballifs need to knocking before I do another. £2500 is very cheap for an occupied, I would say that would be just about enough for a basic unoccupied 3 bed semi.

occupied are a nightmare, leaving them power every night and in a safe condition, so baords / carpets down, costs you an hour a day at least cleaning up and making sure its habitable before you leave

the WORST ones are occupied with chip board floors and boarded lofts and a kitchen extension with a flat roof and bathroom with laminated stuck down flooring - then theres all the trinkets / ornamants plates hanging on the wall etc etc

NIGHTMARE

So as a guide for a 3 bed semi ,how long would you allow ? 1 or 2 people.

And materials would be how much ?.Working on plain white and nothing fancy just the odd downlighter or two.

I have to quote one now and to save money they want to chase walls and bang holes in.Existing stuff is shot the one identified main ring is actually a radial on a 30amp rewireable !The shower cable comes out the garage and runs down the side of the house clipped to the wall and is exposed on the bathroom wall to the shower unit.The power to the shed is overhead and the cable is wrapped round a tree to support it ?

Everything is to drop down as they have a nice parkay flooring downstairs which they don't want disturbed.They want some provision for a fancy kitchen in the future so now is the time to put in a few extra feeds and probably put it on a dedicated ring.

Semi occupied but assure me everything will be moved.

Just a guide,more info the better.

What about making good after? Will that be you or them? I'd knock 10% off if they are chasing everything out and are going to shift all the furniture for you.

Materials prob £500 ish

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
materials will cost about 550 if they got for RCBO's instead of split load, allow 2 people a week and let them take care of plastering

as far as how much, only you know your labour costs, if your eastern european £10 + materials

Reply to job pricing..lived in rewire!! nice in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net