Discuss Joist - free estimation/invoice app in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I do my own through pages on the iPad, just as quick as using a ready made app, but I don't think it looks as professional, I have more info on mine though which I don't find available with the apps!

Good find Hightower.

Just had a quick play around with Joist on the iPad. Had a go at doing some test invoices and it really would be quite handy being able to create an invoice on site and simply emailing it to the client rather than waiting to get home and keep thinking "I'll do it tomorrow"!!!!!!

I would imagine that once the database is full of clients and different items that you can select for the each invoice it would be a breeze to do.

Pretty good for a freebie

hi All

been using Xero, although not free, it is live accounts program & means that the accountant & myself can work on the system at the same time, but best of all I can create an invoice on-site with Ipad, Iphone & send it while at customers house works a treat.

Have a look at Commusoft.
It's primarily plumbing. But we've used the business management for a while now and has saved so much time in the office its in real!
Guys have iPads on site and fill in job sheets, material lists, get customer signature etc
And sync'd in real time.
And they are bringing electrical Certs on to it this year.

Have a look at Commusoft.
It's primarily plumbing. But we've used the business management for a while now and has saved so much time in the office its in real!
Guys have iPads on site and fill in job sheets, material lists, get customer signature etc
And sync'd in real time.
And they are bringing electrical Certs on to it this year.
£24 a month, that's the most expensive I've seen yet

Hi Hightower

looking at using sim pro £65 a month on top of Xero (xero accounts & invoicing) Bringing total to about £85.00 a month & still other levels out there. company s can spend hundreds a month. depends on what level of control you want.

Just had a play with Joist this evening, it seems easy to use, but I'm starting to get annoyed with some of the formatting, probably because it seems to originate in the US.

Dates are US format (I can live with that) but then it insists phone numbers have the format 441344123456 (where 44 is the country code, and no "+" displayed). Addresses have a bit of a US look to them, it refers to "taxes" rather than VAT, etc.

I'm not seeing any way to make it look more UK-friendly, has anyone else had a play with it and found the same?

Just had a play with Joist this evening, it seems easy to use, but I'm starting to get annoyed with some of the formatting, probably because it seems to originate in the US.

Dates are US format (I can live with that) but then it insists phone numbers have the format 441344123456 (where 44 is the country code, and no "+" displayed). Addresses have a bit of a US look to them, it refers to "taxes" rather than VAT, etc.

I'm not seeing any way to make it look more UK-friendly, has anyone else had a play with it and found the same?

Yeah I didn't the like the phone number format either it had -'s all over the number so that UK phone numbers and area codes looked odd. I tried different ways to see if I could make it look better but I couldn't. I assume it is with in the code of the app but I have emailed their support to see if it can be altered.

Reply to Joist - free estimation/invoice app in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net