Discuss just getting it off my mind in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
OK its been 14 weeks now since i first reported water running down my walls to our local council who we rent the house from and have had one hell of a 14 weeks. we had to move out of the house and all our belongings put in to storage while i have to pass by the house everyday and watch the so called trades men make a mess of my once loved home.

Well i snapped on Friday and marched in to the council offices and tore strips off everyone that offered resistance!!! i then demanded that the convener came to talk to me.

I was placed in an office and told they would fetch him and see if he would see me at short notice! to which i replied if he wants his pay this month he should do his job and come and see where the problems are so he knows where to make his cutbacks!!!!

When he arrived he was accompanied by the head of housing who i had been told not 5 minutes prior that she was not available because she was in a meeting!!

I ranted and raved and they told me that the keys were being handed back to them today and the job was finished and we could move back in on Monday well i went ballistic " finished finished you better accompany me to the premises and see if they think its finished "

On arriving at the house i pointed out that the wall where the water had originally been running down the walls had never been touched then i turned on my torch and set it in on top of the hot tank and pointed out there was no ceiling in there !!!!!

The convener's face was one of horror ! i asked him why he was employing building inspectors that could not inspect ? i then continued through the house and pointed out several other small items that had never been touched and the pendant fitting hanging over the bath to which he asked what i knew about building practices ? big mistake on his behalf so now work still to be done is new lounge ceiling new ceiling in hot cupboard move kitchen fan change bathroom lighting remove toilet and refit after repairing the rotten wall behind it and maybe just maybe remove the whole roof re felt and re tile if they can not prove that the tiling battens and counter battens are nailed in to the roof joists as should be. at the moment they are only nailed in to 5/8 sarking board not much use in the winds we get here.

the saga continues but i think there will be a lot of heads being banged together tomorrow lets hope they don't cross my path.

was promised to be back in for Christmas i sure hope so i miss my landline and internet this bt openzone ain't up to much.

rant over live in peace not war but dont stand on my toes or i bite hard lol

Jeeez...sorry to hear about that, leta hope they get their fingers out and get it sorted asap. People can really take the **** sometimes, especially when they dont have a clue what they are doing. Nightmare.

I thought i had it bad turning up to work yesterday without my flask haha.

Reply to just getting it off my mind in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net