Discuss Kitchen circuit wiring question. newbie DIY. #help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello.
I am new to wiring and could use some help getting this circuit wired in the kitchen . I am trying to get the source power to the GFCI and then through a switch to have the garbage disposal protected by the GFCI. I also have a switch that I would like in for the above sink light. Lastly there are a couple of outlets that run to power the refrigerator and such. How would I wire this mess? Do I need to go to a three gang box or can I get a 20anp double switch on the left side for the kitchen light and garbage disposal, then have the GFCI in the box on the right? Please, anny advice is helpful.
3F7E43E1-B42B-4E82-8172-419154A88C31.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello.
I am new to wiring and could use some help getting this circuit wired in the kitchen . I am trying to get the source power to the GFCI and then through a switch to have the garbage disposal protected by the GFCI. I also have a switch that I would like in for the above sink light. Lastly there are a couple of outlets that run to power the refrigerator and such. How would I wire this mess? Do I need to go to a three gang box or can I get a 20anp double switch on the left side for the kitchen light and garbage disposal, then have the GFCI in the box on the right? Please, anny advice is helpful.View attachment 109460
Welcome to the forum and sorry for the late reply but it sounds like all you need is a 2 gang box for 2 switches. The refrigerator needs its own 20 amp circuit and every receptacle on and around your countertop has to be GFCI protected. Good luck with your project.

Reply to Kitchen circuit wiring question. newbie DIY. #help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Wiring to new dishwasher causes garbage disposal to stop working. I just installed a GE dishwasher and came across a problem with the...
Replies
Views
Hello, disclaimer: this is DIY and I am rather ignorant about electrical works. I just moved into a new rental apartment and i wanted to connect...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m new to the forum. Thanks for letting me join. Asking for some diy advicd… I’m trying to add a couple more security lights to the existing...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock