Discuss label printer in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

general labling sockets etc. mcbs have gone through 3 dymo rhinopro 1000
would like something robust that will take a few knocks

I bought one of the expensive brother ones with all the earth and double insulation signs etc, never used it for signs etc and its over complicated so use my old cheap brother and its just right.

true i never use any symbols, its the tape and batterys that cost almost as much as printer might look for something in a case as i tend to throw them in tool box after use and they get damaged

I made the mistake of buying a Casio when I was in Singapore.

Didn't realise that it's impossible to get the tapes for it anywhere else in the world!

Dymo all the way. Bought one about seven years ago, last year it failed. Rang dymo to see if they could repair, not expecting much. They sent me a brand new upgraded model in a week totally FOC. OK, they probably know they will make it back in tape, but still A1 service in my view. The Rhino they sent me works great.

Brady are supposed to be even better so I'm told but not used them personally and they are serious money.

The brother 7600 is a cracking bit of kit, its only a recent purchase but already come into its own, just looks that bit more professional i think and you can design your own labels on the computer software and store them on it

like monkeyelectric I have just recently purchased the brother 7600 worked out £75 brand new delivered with 3 years warranty, and also just had a zebra lp2844 thermal printer given me which is handy for cu labels just in the process of sorting out the rcd and 2 colour versions and the periodic labels and will keep about 10 of each in vehicle always come in handy, especially when you see the price they charge for the labels, they workout about 1p each on the zebra printer

Dymo all the way. Bought one about seven years ago, last year it failed. Rang dymo to see if they could repair, not expecting much. They sent me a brand new upgraded model in a week totally FOC. OK, they probably know they will make it back in tape, but still A1 service in my view. The Rhino they sent me works great.

Brady are supposed to be even better so I'm told but not used them personally and they are serious money.

after 7 years? now That's customer service!

I have Dymo 5200 it has extensive uses including making cable sleeves, replacing old filled dist' board circuit listings in one strip vertical, horizontal etc all automated spacing for mcb width although I use these a lot most would find a simpler cheaper label machine fits their needs.

I think he is right. As I also have a Dymo Rhino printer and will suggest you to try that as it works well. I have bought it a couple of year ago. But unfortunately lost its battery during renovation of my shop. And I also don't know about battery model have gone to many vendors but not got the proper battery or a durable one i.e. original for it.

Reply to label printer in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net