Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss laser level in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

brizospark

I have been assigned to a job where I have to install a lot of containment down straight corridors, some of which are around 30m long so I have decided that now is the time to invest in a laser level

Basically what I am looking for is a laser level which can sit on a tripod and project a line down the ceiling. There are steel beams across the ceiling at 4m intervals so my thinking is to sit the laser on a tripod and project up to the ceiling at an angle

I would like a laser to project at least 30m

Any suggestions for a price limit around £150?

You'll struggle to get anything to do 30m at that price IMO. I've got the DeWalt self levelling cross line laser that comes in at roughly the right price but will only do 15m. It is the mutts IMHO and has saved me no end of time before now.

LINK

i swear by a chalk line. 1. it don't need batteries, 2. it can easily be mended if broke, 3. nobody will nick it.

bassets??? oh, and just for trickster, 4. it won't blind you.

Last edited:
I use a DW087K, it will do horiz or vertical, but will struggle at that distance but you can always mark a datum mark and move it to line up on it half way down.

i would have to agree on the chalk line for marking hangers and definitely the dewalt for getting it level. think they're about £165. i was lucky enough to aquire mine from a ceiling fixer who thought his was broken!

i've got the bosch cross laser was £130 at the time. it does really well. The new dewalt is even better,but if i had to buy another one tomorrow i'd opt for the Leica but don't know what money they are?

Watched a chap use a rotating laser marker once to fit a false ceiling....what a piece of kit mustve saved hours faffing about (with chalk !!!!) Saying that i am still a spirut level and chalk man. Christmas soon.

lining up holes in joists! i guess your not working on a price! i think holes in joists by eye is quite acceptable. but i do use the dewalt laser level and it is very good, especially for kitchens when they are being tiled because sockets that arent level with the tiles do look mmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice. and yes i have used it for lining up fittings down long corridors in a sports centre and it works fine.

A chalk line is the way forward IMO. You'll have to measure and mark out couple of points to make sure the laser is running through them both so you might as well just ping a line between the marks! then no one can knock your tripod just as you finished setting out!

Reply to laser level in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net