Discuss Latest on the court challenge!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

No-one knows what any panels installed after 12 Dec will get in terms of FIT
a) government is appealing against the decision - UPDATE: permission to appeal has been refused
b) the ruling (I think) was to allow a judicial review of the consultation (which may not in itself change the cut off date)
c) the 12 Dec was technically a proposal so the Govt could still announce a different one in Jan after the consultation

I think the only certainty is that installations after the 12 Dec will not receive a FIT greater than 43.3p

Last edited:
so basically we are no better off !! More delays.....although as we all knew the Government are legally flawed !!

In the mean time what can I tell my customers, Where is REAL ...Can I sell with assumptions based on a consultation period?

Saw an article in the Independant over the weekend, It was a good article with a casestudy about Evoenergy who installed a system last week. They obviously getting around the REAL guidance.....

So in brief all it's done now is increased the time of uncertainty and will probably result in another hectic time of installing from mid January? Too little too late. Damage is done.

How can we sign clients up for January install if we don't know exactly what the returns are?

if you could sign them up !!! where would you get the stock no wholesaler will be ready for a mad rush again !!!!

I would rather just leave things as they are and try to sell at 21.1p instead of going crazy again . just about sat down from last rush !!!!!

Surely if the changes have been deemed illegal it's back to business as usual @ 43p? This is doing me head in I was looking forward to a bit of peace and quiet over Christmas!

So in brief all it's done now is increased the time of uncertainty

Unfortunately that's true - we really needed this ruling early November for it to have any beneficial effect.

My suspicion is that the Govt may negotiate a revised cut off date on the basis of the consultation and the judicial review which would probably be mid January (i.e. shortly after the announcement of the results of the consultation).

However, personally, I think this calls for the resignation of Chris Huhne (Greg Barker I suspect is just the messenger...)

Last edited:
Surely if the changes have been deemed illegal it's back to business as usual @ 43p?

If I understand the reports correctly, the changes have not been deemed illegal. However the consultation process has been deemed "legally flawed" (which isn't necessarily illegal) and hence should be subject to "judicial review". What the result of the judicial review may be is anyone's guess. It could rule that the consultation was fine, or that the consultation can stand but the final cut off date must me after the 23 Dec or after the consultation reports, or it could insist that the consultation is null and void and the Govt must restart the whole process, or...

I've no idea how long a judicial review takes!

Last edited:
if you could sign them up !!! where would you get the stock no wholesaler will be ready for a mad rush again !!!!

I would rather just leave things as they are and try to sell at 21.1p instead of going crazy again . just about sat down from last rush !!!!!

Agreed, I just did my last hand over pack yesterday!

REALLY !!!!!!! when I started on this forum there used to be around 12 of us in this part of the forum now there are 100's !!!!!!

Now would be a good time to say

next time vote Labour !!!!!

REALLY !!!!!!! when I started on this forum there used to be around 12 of us in this part of the forum now there are 100's !!!!!!

Now would be a good time to say

next time vote Labour !!!!!

And they will use the usual excuse that they have to make more cuts to sort out the mess left by the last goverment!!!!!!

Vote Labour !! Really...
Politics in the whole of the western world appears to be a shambles, countries on the verge of going bust, unsustainable depts, corruption left, right and center.
I can not condone what the halfwits have done with the FIT, a two year old would know that you have a consultation then announce the outcome after, not midterm, and the RHI is the same mess.
Labour would have just kept borrowing money to subsidize the FIT, a few would have made a fortune, but as almost all materials for PV systems are imported, where would that have left us in the long term.
I personally would just like some clarification as to where we are at, so I can move forward in the New Year.
Maybe, just Maybe, after losing the court case, they may realise that they have to get their soldiers in a line so we can all move on in a sustainable future.

Reply to Latest on the court challenge!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net