Search the forum,

Discuss LED Strip Lighting Installation - Some Specific Queries in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If it is capable of providing 20A then every part of the circuit after that point needs to be able to deal with carrying 20A without overheating.

Exactly, as in any other circuit design. You need to make sure the circuit (to the end of the strip) has a low enough impedance to activate the protective device (be that fuse or overload protection in the psu) before the strip catches fire.

One of the problems here, is the proposal to conceal some of the wiring in the wall.
LV (230V) wiring will need additional protection:
At a depth greater than 50mm.
Earthed sleeve.
Earthed containment.
Mechanical protection.
Or be run in a prescribed route and provided with RCD protection.

ELV (< 50V ac or 120V dc) will not required additional protection.

If anyone is interested, here's some pics:

The power supply remained unchanged (2.5MM fed), but is in an enclosure and i added a 3A fuse to the input cabling. The enclosure also dampened the sound to point it isn't discernible outside the loft space

The 2.5mm cabling is inside the wall (its deeper than 50 and in a proper protective conduit)

Used ScrewFix uplight coving as was vastly cheaper than anything else I found and looks far better than any of the polystyrene options (kind of like a picture rail)

Thanks to everyone for their input and help.

Attachments

• 20190606_193019.jpg
    709.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20190606_205615.jpg
    927.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20190606_205633.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • 20190606_205703.jpg
    919.2 KB · Views: 10

Reply to LED Strip Lighting Installation - Some Specific Queries in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net