Discuss Led strips now red or green colours in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I've fitted some led lights with power supply and mi light controller, they were working fine and all colours could be seen, then for some reason red and green just stopped showing and i can only go white, yellows and blues. I turned it off at the mains and when i turned it back on i changed the colours rapidly and the green and red suddenly started working. For a few minutes then stopped again. I dont think its a problem with the strips as there are 2 strips connect to one controller and they're both the same.

How can i fix this?

Try disconnecting one set of led strip, see if the problem goes away.
If the problem remains, swap to the other led strip.

if the problem still remains then it must be the controller or a wiring Error that is common to both sets of led strips.

Try disconnecting one set of led strip, see if the problem goes away.
If the problem remains, swap to the other led strip.

if the problem still remains then it must be the controller or a wiring Error that is common to both sets of led strips.
Thanks james, it was working ok with the same wiring and and i did see it working again briefly then stopped with no change to the wiring, i think i'll need to replace the controller. But i'll try disconnecting one strip first

Reply to Led strips now red or green colours in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, I would like to use LED chips for DIY projects, to power them I would start from 12V drivers for LED strips. For some chips it is...
Replies
Views
Not sure I'm posting in the right place but: We had a pool built. There are 5 LED waterfalls installed. The LED strips can toggle between 5...
Replies
Views
Hello. I’ve been racking my brain all day with this. Here is my situation and question: I have some OEM ambient lights in my vehicle. They are...
Replies
Views
Am fitting a new pir led floodlight . The exsisting light is connected to 4 core round flexible cable, core colours green/yellow, blue, brown...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of renovating our house, and would like to setup led strip-lighting throughout. of the options, this seems most attractive...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock