Discuss Lending Tools Out. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
as title.... don't. got this back yesterday in this condition.

20160407_135901_001.jpg
he swore he'd not left it outside in the rain. bloody liar.

I don't understand how anyone can have the audacity to return a tool in this condition - I'd be too embarrassed. If someone had been kind enough to help me out by lending me something and I'd accidentally damaged it I'd be straight down the shops to buy a replacement of equal or greater value before returning it with an apology.
This is why I don't like borrowing tools, never mind lending them out. I don't even like being asked to lend my tools out because then I either have to worry about them being out of my sight, or refuse, which usually creates an atmosphere.

as title.... don't. got this back yesterday in this condition.

View attachment 31964
he swore he'd not left it outside in the rain. bloody liar.

Make the dick buy you a new one, I was taught to lay the plane down on it's side so as not to damage the blade, mind you I did do a short course on woodwork so what do I know, I'm a 5www

Last edited:
Not cheap plonk. It's my bottle for £2 coins.

Give a spare set of keys to my brother for my house forgot to take the garage key off, thought I was going a bit mad as certain tools that I thought were in my garage were not there was thinking I had left them on jobs as have been A little bit forgetful lately. So my brother rings me up on Friday to say he has sorted his shed out as he is selling his house and he has some tools and bits and bobs that I might be interested in buying so I went round there and low and behold old my garage was in his shed
List of things
Angle grinders x 2 (the Second one was bought as a replacement for the first)
Wood chisel set
Circular saw that that was sitting next to the circular saw that I gave him as a present
Makita laser level
Makita impact driver
Telescopic ladders
Fibreglass steps
2 Metal screw boxes the screwfix type
Dremel toolwith all attachments
And lots of little bits and bobs
He only wanted £200 for the lot but I declined and said your a w--ker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply to Lending Tools Out. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net