Discuss Light Switches in Bathrooms in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

You need to watch John Wards video about light switches in a bathroom. If it's outside zone 1 it's perfectly fine.

Welcome to the forum mate.
Just a bit of advice. Check the dates on the posts. This one you replied to was from Nov 2020. Hopefully the light is sorted by now.

It was absolutely fine to fit the switch inside the bathroom in 2020, and is absolutely fine now.
Good news is that we are now able to fit a socket in a lot more bathrooms that we could a month ago. That 0.5m reduction doesn't sound a lot, but it means a socket can be fitted in a bathroom 30% smaller than before.

It was absolutely fine to fit the switch inside the bathroom in 2020, and is absolutely fine now.
Good news is that we are now able to fit a socket in a lot more bathrooms that we could a month ago. That 0.5m reduction doesn't sound a lot, but it means a socket can be fitted in a bathroom 30% smaller than before.
No longer working, so don’t keep up to date on all the reg changes, but would like to know this one.

A better thing for bathrooms would be a moisture sealed USB charger socket for folks wanting to use phone/tablet on low battery.

Not me, I would rather not drop £200-500 of electronics in the bath, but the young 'uns seem to like doing that.

A better thing for bathrooms would be a moisture sealed USB charger socket for folks wanting to use phone/tablet on low battery.

Not me, I would rather not drop £200-500 of electronics in the bath, but the young 'uns seem to like doing that.
A note below Regulation 553.1.201 does not regard a USB charging point as a socket-outlet.

Reply to Light Switches in Bathrooms in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net