Discuss lighting joint box in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

after a few beers, that looks like a demented spider on LSD. i'll have another look in the morning.

And for your homework next week, we want the same configuration of lights and switches wired in;

a. 3 plate- loop in at light.

b. Neutral loop at switches.

and for the advanced course, use quinetic switches. but don't be touchy about it.

I’ve not traced everything but it mostly looks ok. The only thing that jumps out as odd is the fan isolator and light in the toilet.

Your drawing has the perm live in going through the fan isolator to the light switch common in series, and there is no perm live feed to the fan. That arrangement means the light can’t come on with the fan isolator off.

Instead put perm live in directly to COM of the light switch and either parallel from that to the perm live of the fan isolator or run a separate perm live from the JB to the fan isolator and on to the fan (for a timed fan). You can then have the light on with the fan isolator off.

I’ve not traced everything but it mostly looks ok. The only thing that jumps out as odd is the fan isolator and light in the toilet.

Your drawing has the perm live in going through the fan isolator to the light switch common in series, and there is no perm live feed to the fan. That arrangement means the light can’t come on with the fan isolator off.

Instead put perm live in directly to COM of the light switch and either parallel from that to the perm live of the fan isolator or run a separate perm live from the JB to the fan isolator and on to the fan (for a timed fan). You can then have the light on with the fan isolator off.
Thanks a lot really appreciated like

On a more general note, even if you have all the connections correct, a drawing like that with conductors snaking around the page is of little practical use because it is slow and error-prone to follow. Think about what it is trying to communicate; for example that room 2 switch is fed from the main permanent line terminal, then sends its switched line to the light via terminal 9, then the neutral goes back to the main neutral terminal. The line and neutral connections are more or less the same for every room, a fact that is not obvious at all from the drawing. The only unique thing about room 2 here is that its SL is on terminal 9, which can be shown without miles of spaghetti.

Investigate different ways of simplifying the drawing without losing any information. Research the difference between a schematic circuit diagram, which shows what is connected together without being specific about which terminals the wires go into, and a wiring diagram that physically details each cable and connector.

Reply to lighting joint box in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net