Discuss Listed building dilemma! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

U

ukpablo

Ok.......................got a new board change req in a flat in a converted church as they want alot of work done and current board 20 yrs old and cant get rcbo's etc.
the church is on fourth floor, meter and cut out for all flats in basement, all cables run internally when conversion was done.

old tails are 16mm
earth is 10mm

so how do i get round it?

any suggestions?

i.e do i still req to change incoming tails from meter to 25mm and 16mm for earth?
I assume that i would to comply, however this has alot of implications.:confused:

Well I'm assuming there is a switchfuse in the basement protecting the circuit??? If not then there should be due to their length.

This makes them a submain circuit rather than meter tails as you are not relying on the DNO fuse for overcurrent protection. Therefore depending on the size of the fuse in the switchfuse, you could run the flat on 2.5 t&e if you wanted.

Interesting one this, as i have just done a kitchen where the CU was remote from the intake.

TNS 16mm tails feeding 60A switchfuse and then 16mm T&E s the sub main feed.

Only thing i could do was upgrade MEB.

Although the main earth was undersized, i contacted DNO to make them aware of the situation.

What they do about it is of course another thing.

ive just finished a rewire , the CDU was in the kitchen above the kitchen units , so what i have done is run 2 16 mm one to main board one to ECO 7 board used a 3 pole isolator and protected both supplies by a 63 amp mcb and run a seperate earth to each CDU as well as the 6 mm in the 16 mm twe , how ever mine wasnt listed , castles were you ever tride to clip to rock and perished plaster and not being able to drill the rock nightmare

Reply to Listed building dilemma! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net