Discuss local traders .com reviews ???? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

beaver74

hi all

does any one have information on localtraders.com as i had a call today from them and it is only a 6mth contract but i'm afraid i have heard all the spelge before are these any better than the rest ???

If they're calling you claiming they have jobs ready for you but you just need to sign up to get them tell them where to stick it.

Generally, you don't need to pay for leads or business. And you shouldn't encourage it either. There's no need to have a middle man, there's you, the customer, and nobody else in between and that keeps profits decent and costs to the customer down.

You end up bidding for work, and paying for that too!

At least with most of these website you do.

I'm still yet to find one with more customers than tradesmen. The moment I do, they'll be sponsoring our several trade related websites.

Until then, you guys stick to all the free directories you can get yourself listed in. And if you have money to spend, about £300 - £500 initial setup and about £50 per year thereafter, get yourself a website and rank yourself in search engines!

I keep repeating myself saying all this. Been saying it for years. But I bet I'll keep saying it for years! They've just not changed these sites at all.

hi all

does any one have information on localtraders.com as i had a call today from them and it is only a 6mth contract but i'm afraid i have heard all the spelge before are these any better than the rest ???

BEWARE local traders.com are rogue traders..they have robbed me, providing 0 leads in 6 months and didnt tell me that its a rolling contract so have taken more money out of my bank again -- paper work misleading !!! ROB DOGS DONT GET STUNG LIKE ME!!!!!

I'm just coming to the end of 6 months with these jokers and zero work (literally not one job) - now I've read this I'll check they're not going to sign me up again without asking!

but they will steal from your bank account. they have your card details on what i believe is called point of sale, or some such. happened to me. only way out is to go to your bank, cancel your card and get a new card with a different number.

I've just emailed them telling them to contact me 1st thing monday to confirm they're not going to automatically renew it - if they don't i'll contact the card company tell them I've not authorised it. Don't know why I ever went for it, I hate companies like this and normally stay well away.

if it's a credit card you may be OK, but if it's a debit card, i don't think the bank can stop payment.

if it's a credit card you may be OK, but if it's a debit card, i don't think the bank can stop payment.

if you have a debit card and can bank online you can cancel it straight away, also if you read the T&C's you can cancel in writing within 14 days. You Must Always have a copy of the T&C's before you sign anything anyway.. its the law.

Any letters you recieve from them write 'Return To Sender' and contact Trading Standards if they persist.

I too have fallen in that trap with Service Magic... My advice to anyone.. Stay WELL CLEAR! Period!

Eventually, Localtraders told me everyone is set up on a rolling contract and its in their t&c's (don't think I got any). My membership is about to expire and they have changed me to a manual renewal - how kind! There is more chance of me putting my danglies in a deep fat fryer than there is of me renewing.

Stay away!

These people are a joke, they promised me loads of leads! Have got not one lead from them and im glad someone told me about the rolling contract! Stay well away massive SCAM!!!!

I signed up to localtraders.com about 4 and a half months ago. I must admit at first I was skeptical and after a number of calls from their sales team I decided to give it a go.

At first it was slow and I honestly thought that it was money down the drain, until about 4wks into the subscription when i received 6 txt in one week. I was lucky enough to convert 4 out of the 6 jobs, which I think was down to the fact that I managed to call them straight away(something which was advised to me when I signed up).

Yes Im not receiving txts every day,the fella that sold it to me explained that it wouldnt be my main stream of work, but when they do come through I know that I can follow straight up on the enquiry without any messing about and when Ive completed the work I dont have to chuck them any of my hard earned cash cause the subscription is already paid for!!

I was made aware of the auto renewal when I set it up and in all honesty Im glad I dont have to mes about calling in to renew or even have one of their staff calling me constantly to resign me up. I used the service how I was told and Ive managed to make my money back and then some!

I signed up to localtraders.com about 4 and a half months ago. I must admit at first I was skeptical and after a number of calls from their sales team I decided to give it a go.

At first it was slow and I honestly thought that it was money down the drain, until about 4wks into the subscription when i received 6 txt in one week. I was lucky enough to convert 4 out of the 6 jobs, which I think was down to the fact that I managed to call them straight away(something which was advised to me when I signed up).

Yes Im not receiving txts every day,the fella that sold it to me explained that it wouldnt be my main stream of work, but when they do come through I know that I can follow straight up on the enquiry without any messing about and when Ive completed the work I dont have to chuck them any of my hard earned cash cause the subscription is already paid for!!

I was made aware of the auto renewal when I set it up and in all honesty Im glad I dont have to mes about calling in to renew or even have one of their staff calling me constantly to resign me up. I used the service how I was told and Ive managed to make my money back and then some!

:icon_bs:

What a joke!

Have some dignity 'timstevens', you are unlikely to get anyone from this forum signing up to your website so give up, don't post such transparent rubbish. Move on, try it on with the plumbers.

There are a lot of other things I could mention that I was unhappy with after parting with my hard earned cash with localtraders that I haven't, such as the promise of national tv and radio advertising - I never saw anything. But basically, after 6 months of being one of their only sparks in a large area I had 2 texts - neither of which i even got the chance to quote for the job!

They have no punters - so there can be no work!

Glad I looked here... Just had a guy offering me a special discount of £145 for six months... he phoned up again later when I hadn't jumped at the offer to say hed give me an additional two months free as well... a Jubilee treat!

He said that he had 16 leads over the last month which I would have been interested in and outlined a couple to me, but I am skeptical as Rated people who actually have been on TV etc havent had that many in my area last month (I cover an area from Plymouth to Weston-super-Mare... massive!). I asked him for a free trial for one month... guess what... he said "no". Now I know to avoid them like the plague!

Localtraders.com one word of advise dont touch them they hook you in, you get very little or no work, then they just take another 6 months payment without talking to you again.

Reply to local traders .com reviews ???? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net