Discuss locking off in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Okay, after a PM from Wesaston the thread is open again. Apparently he does have a genuine reason for the thread which he hasn't yet informed everybody of but hopefully will do so very soon.

Okay, after a PM from Wesaston the thread is open again. Apparently he does have a genuine reason for the thread which he hasn't yet informed everybody of but hopefully will do so very soon.

That's what I said in my post before you closed it, he has to come clean and give us all the facts before we can give him an honest answer.

Ok, I've told use exactly what happened for me to get suspended and then after investigation dismissed, I have appealed there decision for no other reason but to get the gross misconduct decision retracted so I don't have to tell any future employers that I was sacked for working on live circuits it makes me look incompetent, I opened the thread to get other Sparks opinion on weather I should of been locked off as I couldn't find a definitive answer myself

See my earlier answers.
It might be a rumour but I'm told that an employer cannot give a bad reference because it could be defamation of character. Maybe that's true maybe it's a myth BUT.
You have a new employer, if you decide to move on you're going to ask them for a reference, not one who you left under a cloud (for whatever reason) What you choose to tell a newer prospective employer is down to you mate, everyone bullshines to a point on their CV. It's just a question of how much you're going to bullshine.

As Trev said. A reference must contain the truth, a ex employer can not lie on it. But as Trev said you have a new employer so move keep your head down and this will soon be forgotten about. Unless you go for a job where they may say they will contact more than on ex employer, although I have a "friend" who asked another friend to be the boss of a firm and give him a reference if contacted which duly happened.

Is it only the one bolt that needs to go in? If so, no I wouldn't.
If it was 2 of them I would because I'm going to be holding the thing for a bit. It's easy for fingers to slip and touch something zappy.

References are tricky things. The employer can’t say you were dismissed, or give the reason for you’re departure. What you will get is “we prefer not to comment”. They may as well say you’ve been sacked, a future employer will know exactly what it means.

Dismissing an employee isn’t a simple process. The repercussions of getting the process wrong leads to expensive litigation and compensation claims.

One of my shift team tried to sue the company and then me personally. The HSE got involved, he ended up with a massive legal bill and a fine from the HSE. Be very careful what you do.

Reply to locking off in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net