Discuss locking off in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm not stupid if I was actually going to work on a circuit ie replace the cooker switch I would of locked off as I always do, but as I couldn't find a dafinetive answer myself on weather it would need to be locked off to put a screw in that's why I asked

I'm not stupid if I was actually going to work on a circuit ie replace the cooker switch I would of locked off as I always do, but as I couldn't find a dafinetive answer myself on weather it would need to be locked off to put a screw in that's why I asked

You would find this in the RAMS.

So who left the screw out for it needing to be put in?

I'm not stupid..........

I wasn't suggesting you're 'stupid' although I do get the impression you're naive. It sounds to me like the company had alternative reason for wanting to terminate your employment and were looking for an easy way or a cheaper way than redundancy payouts to do this. I think from what you've said and inferred you've been making it easy for them to do this.

If u read back we had just got to the job and was about to re wire the kitchen, it was all going to get stripped out but as we got there we went in to weigh up and I just noticed the cooker switch had 1 screw in and was slightly loose so I asked the lad I was working with to put a screw in as it was tenanted and the plumber was in there and I new the compliance officer was about to turn up, I just thought it was better to put the screw in as we was going to be in and out bringing stuff in,

Yeah just the tenant hadn't reported it, I just noticed it as we got in and thought it would be safer just to fix it up even if 20/30mins later it was getting stripped out

I still think there is some info missing here.

OP do you think it is a good thing discussing this on a publuc forum? As it only take one person from your old company to read this and get a easy counter argument.

if what you say is true and you have been on the firm ie employed on the cards for 4 years then take them to an industrial tribunal for unfair dismissal
your company pocedure allows for instant dismissal for gross misconduct but in this case I would go to tribunal

Reply to locking off in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net