Discuss Looking for apprenticeship in the Newcastle area. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Neil.

I am writing this letter in search of a suitable employer to support a college course or offering a relevant apprenticeship. I am 23 and looking to start a career as an electrician or in electrical engineering.
I have an extensive work history primarily in construction and most recently working one on one with electricians and engineers. I have some good hands on experience, helping re-wire houses, laying service cables and wiring in countless sockets and light fittings. I found this very interesting and see myself enjoying a successful career in this area. I am a hard working, reliable, honest and motivated young person with strengths in maths and cognitive thinking. I am well suited to construction type work enjoying a challenge and working in a variety of places. I have been working most recently with a company between Newcastle and Edinburgh renovating small residential properties and a large historical building, my duties here started with basic labouring and grew as I gained trust and experience. In the end I was working on my own to re-wire rooms, operating plant machinery and responsible for locking up sites at the end of the day.
I am keen to get started and have applied to all local colleges offering relevant courses. I have already secured a place at Tyne Met College for a ‘National Diploma in Electrical Engineering’ which I would be funding myself. This will be starting in early September one day a week for two years, at this point all going well I would like to progress onto an HNC and HND. Regardless of this I am also very interested in a NVQ work based style qualification with the right employer. I will be based in Newcastle with my fiancée and looking to settle locally on a long-term basis.

I am aware that wages for a starting apprenticeship are low and I am willing to accept this to get where I need to be. I am also aware there are grants available of several thousand pounds for employers when taking on apprentices. I am also willing to fund any course myself. I have a full clean Driving licence, my own transport and willing to travel.

Being so keen to get started with this and wanting to start gaining experience I am willing to work two weeks un-paid to prove I can be a good pair of hands and the potential to be an asset to any company. Along with this I am happy to work as a labourer/tradesman’s mate for up to 6months before starting a relevant course.

I think I have a lot to offer someone looking for a young enthusiastic trainee. I have the right attitude, keen to learn and go far.

I hope this is what you are looking for. If you have any questions or would like to contact recent work references please do not hesitate to contact me. Please find my CV attached.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Neil Hennessy.

Attachments

• Neil Hennessy..doc
    43.5 KB · Views: 8
Yes sorry. my contract with the flat is up next week and i am looking to move back permanently and start immediately.
Cheers.

Reply to Looking for apprenticeship in the Newcastle area. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net