Discuss MCB or RCBO in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm with the op on this one, id fit an rcbo in this instance as with it being a pub the internal wiring is probably a right mess. The external aspect is also a major part to play. May not be 'regs' but above and beyond never hurt anyone. Tell the tyrant to come and fit it himself he won't mind paying the extra £10 then

Move on from it I wouldn't be losing sleep over it. Fitting of an rcd or rcbo in TN installations is for "additional" protection as required by BS7671, from what you say the fitting of an rcd would not be performing any of these prescribed requirements.

No, I just got sent to sort it out, I don't deal with the cost or what had been agreed

I see no issue providing additional protection (if you are in a position to make that choice),however,you seem to have shot yourself in the foot with the above quote,so sorry Merlin but your boss, being aware that a mcb will do just nicely, its him that has to keep the business viable,best to bite the bullet

I think I've just been spoilt at other companies I've worked for who allowed me to decide what needed to be done and what materials where required as there clients didn't care about the cost, that may explain the Banking crisis then to some extent as it was for all the big banks haha

I think I've just been spoilt at other companies I've worked for who allowed me to decide what needed to be done and what materials where required as there clients didn't care about the cost, that may explain the Banking crisis then to some extent as it was for all the big banks haha

So it's you that was responsible for the recession ....:mad: I just knew it had to be someone on here.

Reply to MCB or RCBO in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Wondering if you could offer some advice please. I carried out a small outdoor lighting project today at a commercial property. 4 lights...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have supplied my Shed with a 6mm SWA cable into a nice consumer unit. In there I have a 6Amp MCB for the lights and a 16 A supplying a...
Replies
Views
I had a call to a new customer who was experiencing what sounded like nuisance tripping on a kitchen ring. Some background first. It's an MK LN...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure what's going on with my kitchen light. I've replaced an old 28W CFL fitting with a new 4 x LED GU10 fitting (a cheap one from...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock