Discuss Medical areas in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm wondering have any members got any experience with testing in group 2 medical locations?specifically I was wondering how to go about testing the anti static flooring.There are copper tapes coming out of the vinyl flooring which I'm guessing have to be terminated to 4mm earth cables and run back to the ERB. The flooring is supposed to have a certain insulation resistance.

You need a a weighted steel or copper plate electrodes to conduct flooring tests to the rooms PA earthing system.

Check this testing standard out, as electrical tests within group 2 medical rooms (eg operating theatres, ICU's etc) are far more involved than just a simple one off resistance test, it involves conducting several tests including point to point tests across the floor covering....

IEC 61340-4-1, {Ed.2.0/2003} Standard test methods for specific applications – Electrical resistance of floor coverings and installed floors

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Medical areas in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Commissioning a busduct. My contractor has installed a 2000amp aluminum Busduct in a 17 floor office tower. The specifications state you should...
Replies
Views
Commissioning a busduct. My contractor has installed a 2000amp aluminum Busduct in a 17 floor office tower. The specifications state you...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, hope all are well. I'm changing a ceiling rose and have lost the diagram showing where everything was connected (to the old light)...
Replies
Views
I'm starting a new project on Monday, new dental practice conversion from a shop. Nothing new here, customer doesn't know what electrical heating...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock