Discuss Megger crime in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You used to find the test lead attached to an apprentice as the boss turned the handle but not sure if that kind of thing is fround on these days :mask:

Last edited:
One night me n missus and another couple were all really sozzled. Got my Megger out for a laugh (as you do) and we would all instantly recoil and throw the probes down at 500V . Except for this lads missus, 1000V did not phase her at all. She literally didn't have any single reaction to it, and could hold onto them for five seconds and more.

Not a sensible thing to do I admit.

I used to get people by saying you could measure body resistance, I'd hold the ends first and let the 'victim' turn the handle with the selector switch set on ohms then when it was my turn to crank it up I'd casually turn the switch to 500v.:D

I used to get people by saying you could measure body resistance, I'd hold the ends first and let the 'victim' turn the handle with the selector switch set on ohms then when it was my turn to crank it up I'd casually turn the switch to 500v.:D
nice to see it wasn't just me that fell for that one when i was an apprentice all them year a go !!

A hand wound megger was the first time I got my hands on any test equipment. I must have been about 8 years old. "Just hold these" said the old man as he manned the handle.

Hilarious :neutral:

Reply to Megger crime in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey guys I'm studying at college at the moment. I am looking to get some essential electrical testing kits slowly. Is a multificunctional tester...
Replies
Views
Hi guys & gals, I gave in and bought the new Megger MFT-X1. Got my hands on it Friday night, had a little play with it, used it at work on Monday...
Replies
Views
Picked up a 2nd hand megger mft1721 yesterday after my tools got stolen from my van and needed one in a hurry 😡 Seemed ok when I picked it up...
Replies
Views
Brand new/Unused MULTIFUNCTION INSTALLATION TESTER WITH ELECTRICAL VEHICLE CHARGE POINT TESTING CAPABILITIES £900, preferably collection only...
Replies
Views
Hi Sir, I'm having a Megger MIT 1525 15KV insulation tester. During testing test voltage is not increasing more than 2KV. these is no physical...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock