Discuss Megger MFT1730 Multifunction Tester with OnSite Software in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Looking to buy a multifunction tester. Has anyone here used the above and what are the positives and negitives of this unit. Would like to know before spending over £1000.00 if the kit is worth it or not. What recommendations have people got.
New to forum so Hi to all the guys that are here already

There are loads of threads about the 1700 series Meggers. Just use the forum search engine.

I like them, have 2 1730's and find Megger customer services great to deal with. The 2 loop LOW test doesn't always work, so best to avoid that, but otherwise great for a wide range of testing situations.

Is the software easy to use and is it free of bugs
I didn't find the software intuitive/easy to use. Meggers software-tech guys were very helpful to get you up and running. I tried out several types of software and settled on another product that I found easy to use :)

What software are you using
I use Easycert. Pardon the pun, but it's easy to use and the developer always replies to queries very quickly. The NICEIC software also looked good to me but at the time they didn't support the Iphone. It does now.

Reply to Megger MFT1730 Multifunction Tester with OnSite Software in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys & gals, I gave in and bought the new Megger MFT-X1. Got my hands on it Friday night, had a little play with it, used it at work on Monday...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just someone setting up a mobile soundsystem for small pubs/clubs with a few questions about a distro. People IRL can't seem to answer my...
Replies
Views
Hi gents, after some product advice from those who do test-and-tag on a semi-regular basis. We've got a customer with an MCC where all the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am new to the forum. I am currently looking to buy my first multifunctional tester, I have looked at many from seaward to fluke but I...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at buying my first multi function tester and I've seen many threads where people recommend the usual (megger) but I was wondering if...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock