Discuss Milwaukee Hole Hawg in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I use almost exclusively Milwaukee 18V kit and I cant fault it. I`m now looking to change my old Makita 240v angle drill and the obvious choice is the Milwaukee 18V Fuel Hole Hawg.

Trouble is I cant find any in the UK. I don`t really want to import through ebay from the states as this effects the warranty and also ebay charge extortionate fees for international shipping and customs.

Does anyone know if these are available anywhere in the UK?

I`ve tried. Sadly no reply in 3 days. Powerstation where I usually get my tools are expecting them in "sometime". It`s beyond me why I can get them from the USA or Australia but can`t seem to find any in the UK. Interestingly they are half the price in OZ to here but import charges and warranty issues mean the saving is not worth it

I`ve tried. Sadly no reply in 3 days. Powerstation where I usually get my tools are expecting them in "sometime". It`s beyond me why I can get them from the USA or Australia but can`t seem to find any in the UK. Interestingly they are half the price in OZ to here but import charges and warranty issues mean the saving is not worth it

What are you saying, that they don't answer the phone when you call them??

have a look on Milwaukee's site there will ve a list of official distributors.

give them a ring and see how long jt will take to get them in.

i have ordered things in special at my local and had no problems

will kill those batteries in no time drilling 25mm in joists on a new build site. mains powered kit for that.
not really, the higher spec models last quite a while, its rare i have to charge more than 2 batteries in a day (i dont charge them everyday i use them)

an impact driver with a woodbit is the best thing for joists

I was at a trade show only a couple of days ago and spoke to the guys on the Milwaukee stand, they had a hole hawg there - the only one in britain they said! Its going on general sale this week though. I had a proper go with it on a rig and it was absolutely awesome.

Thinking about getting one but they are £260 bare . I have a lot of milwaukee gear anyway .Is the fuel impact driver good for drilling joists upto 32mm as they are only £150 bare ? I had an old first gen 18v makita impact driver that wouldn't drill 25 mm at all in joists but people keep saying it's the best way.

depends on the wood if different drills/impact drivers will do it.

my makita will drill 25mm in joists and is no slower than Milwaukee etc.

i do find its faster than a drill though (with a good bit they chew through)

I have the makita DA4031 110V, and its good, up against my impact drive, no contest, it goes through joist's like cheese. Only downside is its weight.

Cheers

8 piece fuel set cost me $1400 australian... its a shame stock is limited in the UK as they are really good quality tools..

Attachments

• 20150209_102215.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 86
The hole hang is on test in the march edition of professional electrician got my copy in the post this morning.
looks very impressive teamed up with milwaukee new 5.0ah battery pack think I'll be investing in some 18v milwaukee gear soon

Reply to Milwaukee Hole Hawg in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net