Discuss Mitsubishi alpha vs Allen Bradley micrologix in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes BROT, it made life easier with the ModBus connections.
The DX functions made the 984 a versatile piece of kit. EMATH blocks made my brain hurt.
The beauty of Modsoft was being able to put quite comprehensive descriptors to registers. If you had implied registers for a function then the descriptor would point you to the right place. Took time to do, but was worth it in time saved later.

Reliability will be be about the same have a look at the current rating for any relay outputs and ensure this covers your requirements. As mentioned have a look at software costs, programming cables and support. It might be worth looking outside the box and saving yourself some money with a Jazz unit from Unitronics, software is free and it uses a USB programming cable, similar to that found on many smart phones or cameras.

Reliability will be be about the same have a look at the current rating for any relay outputs and ensure this covers your requirements. As mentioned have a look at software costs, programming cables and support. It might be worth looking outside the box and saving yourself some money with a Jazz unit from Unitronics, software is free and it uses a USB programming cable, similar to that found on many smart phones or cameras.
Aren't you those guys who sell the PLCs with HMI integrated? I think I still have the catalogue somewhere. Could you mail me a price list, please? :waving: I lost the contact details!

Reply to Mitsubishi alpha vs Allen Bradley micrologix in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock